Welcome to Project Crescent!
Project Crescent is a gaming community with the goal of being an awesome, fun place for players from all over the world to hang out in and enjoy each other's company.
To ensure this is possible, we have created a basic set of rules and guidelines that we expect our players to follow at all times. Your participation in our community is stipulated in your compliance with said rules and guidelines. Please cooperate with us so we can all avoid any unnecessary non-sense and drama and make everyone's stay at Crescent more enjoyable.
- Don't be an ass. Our goal is to have fun and enjoy each other's company. Treat all members with respect at all times, no matter what. Do not harass, bully, shame, or flame others.
- No hateful conduct. Such as racism, homophobia, and slurs or insults of similar nature, will not be tolerated anywhere in the community. While Project Crescent is generally open for all types of discussions, there are certain lines that must not be crossed - and blatant insensitivity is one of them. If the intents behind your communication are malicious, it will lead to harsh punishments. We understand that this is the internet, and that non-harmful banter is inevitable and common in online communities, but please be mindful of what you say and consider how your comments may be received by others. Our goal is to promote an environment where everyone is free to engage in conversation and connect with one another, without worrying about toxicity and misbehavior.
- No drama. We're not interested in dealing with it. Do not instigate other members, stir up controversial topics, or do anything else with the intention of provoking negative reactions. Violation of this rule can and will end up in harsh punishments. Let's avoid this crap, please.
- You must comply with any instructions or warnings given to you by our staff members. All of our staff members are authorized to provide such instructions and warnings as they see fit. Not doing so may result in a punishment. In other words: if we ask you to stop something, stop it.
- No porn, gore, disgusting/disturbing, or excessively-NSFW content at all. We do not allow this content anywhere in our community.
- Please only use English when using any public communication channel. We are mainly an English-speaking community and we ask that you respect that. This does not apply to private communications or channels, of course.
- You may only have a single account for each of our services - our game servers, forums, Discord and such. Using a secondary/alt account to evade punishment or generate resources/currency will be met harshly. If you are having issues with your current account (wrong account linked, name change requests, etc.), please let a staff member know and we will assist you. If you are planning to connect to our services from the same network as other members (i.e. family members or roommates), let our staff know in advance to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Do not spam, flood or otherwise disrupt our forums, forms, or member profiles. Do not post content that is overly bright, flashing ("seizure inducing"), unreasonably big in its dimensions, or otherwise visually disruptive. Avoid eye-straining colors, such as dark-as-hell blue, excessively-dark red, or black.
- Do not advertise or promote other communities, game servers, or similar things. Discussing them is okay as long as it stays a discussion. It's okay to advertise your YouTube, Twitch or other channel as long as you are being reasonable about it.
- Try to stay on topic in threads. We understand memes happen, and going somewhat off-topic is okay, but we still need to ensure a basic level of order. If staff requests for you to pull back on topic- please follow that direction. If a thread has been declared as a "serious discussion" (indicated by the Serious prefix), off-topic/meme-y replies are strictly disallowed in it.
- Do not grave-dig threads. Posting in old threads is fine, but only if your post is relevant and provides something of value to the topic. If you're unsure - consult a staff member.
- Using bots, self-bots or auto-responders of any kind is not allowed.
- No doxing: do not post or distribute private information about other users without their consent. This includes names, pictures, (IP) addresses, e-mails, phone numbers, etc.
- Do not initiate or participate in illegal or unlawful discussions or provide illegal or unlawful content. For example: piracy/warez.
Some forums/sections will have specific rules governing them. If so, these rules will be stickied. Please observe these as well before posting.
- Signatures must be of a reasonable size and non-disruptive to the community. It is recommended to use the spoilers BBCode when using a large signature.
- Signatures may not contain anything that imitates parts of the site or anything that can mislead users.
- We reserve the right to remove or alter any signature that we find inappropriate.
- Our forums allow you to change your username once every 30 days (or less, for premium members). This, however, is a privilege, and may be revoked at any point in case of misuse.
- Usernames must contain at least three English alphabet characters.
- Usernames must be taggable/searchable. To achieve this, the first three characters in your username must be either English alphabet, numbers, or one of the following symbols: .-_=+
- We reserve the right to alter any username that we find inappropriate, or to reject any name change requests.
The providers ("we", "us", "our", "Project Crescent", "Crescent") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
Unwanted Members Policy
Project Crescent is a privately-ran community. As such, and as part of our efforts to nurture a welcoming environment for all our members to enjoy, the community owner reserves the right to choose who to offer its services to and who not to.
The community owner may declare individuals or groups as unwanted in the community for any reason they see fit, including (but not limited to): continuous misbehavior, harmful intentions, hostility towards other members, groups or the community as a whole, and more.
Such unwanted member(s) may be permanently removed from the community and will not be able to use any of its services or platforms.
Individuals or groups declared as unwanted may appeal the decision in private to the community owner, but the decision is ultimately up to the owner. A way to do so will be provided to them privately.
Trying to abuse the wording or interpretation of our rules (a.k.a. loopholing) may still result in a punishment. Skirting close to the rules to cause issues may also result in a punishment. Remember: don't be an ass.
We reserve the right to punish as we deem necessary, regardless of the circumstances.
These terms and rules may be changed at any time without notice. You are advised to check them periodically to keep updated with any such changes.