Accepted A nerf suggestion to Gravitating/Knockback

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

yaas or naah

• yaas

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • naah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Infinity
Ok so people seem to be kinda split on the new Gravitating/Knockback trait. Some think it's the most broken thing on the server while for some it's the best thing that's ever happened.

The main reason why I see people saying it's broken is it's a "Get out of jail free"-card, because it's very easy to activate and fly out of danger with.

So to fix this and keep the trait very fun to use, I figured why not make it so if a player that has the trait activated gets hurt, the trait is deactivated instantly, meaning they no longer deal knockback to themselves while shooting.

Pros:
  • People can still fly and it's super epic and fun
  • No longer a free getaway card from danger, but can still be used as such if used carefully
  • Super wacky and funny moments where a player gets shot while flying, causing them to crash down
  • HUGE is the new meta, because it's probably the easiest gun for sniping flying people with.
Cons:
  • Player that are using Gravitating/Knockback to fly need to be more careful about fall dmg, if they want to fly longer. (Higher skillcap = better, though?)

Weiss

⚖️ Church of Nemesis ⚖️
Crescent Infinity
i want to ask your opinion as a player on this then - what are we going to do about the people who abuse to get to unreachable areas?

are we going to enable it and say fine, you can go up there now? or do we continue to handle it like prop surfing, and tele anyone who does it to those areas?

first option leaves a bunch of issues with other players not being able to get to the same areas and being very disadvantaged by it because now the player who does have grav/kb has the high ground. also has the issue of making traitor rooms on some maps accessible by innos, like inno motel, and theres not always a moderator dead/spectating to stop that from happening - in which case now you have traitors who lose their round because some inno can get into their t room not because they slipped into the door, just because they had a gun that let them.

second option keeps the issues that already begin with prop surfing. moderators always have to be on the prowl to keep people from going to unreachable areas, which they can't always do, especially because they're playing the game themselves. and then if i teleport someone from the top of rooftops, sometimes they get mad at me for putting them in a position where they might coincidentally die too.

---

i understand the appeal of the traits gameplay-wise, i do, even if i dont have a kb/grav gun myself. i love fun, that's why i love playing ttt, its fun. i dont have to try hard every round, i can mess about every now and again. but keeping the traits as they are leave too many holes for moderation.

Reactions: Jabami and MiGGo

RICK

only detectives and outed traitors should have anything close to this kind of movement. giving innocents the ability to just fly around completely ruins the game, be it by everyone camping in unreachable areas or people just chronoshifting and then literally flying to the other side of the map within 2 seconds while being shot MiGGo @MiGGo.

Reactions: tups

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Infinity
i want to ask your opinion as a player on this then - what are we going to do about the people who abuse to get to unreachable areas?

are we going to enable it and say fine, you can go up there now? or do we continue to handle it like prop surfing, and tele anyone who does it to those areas?

first option leaves a bunch of issues with other players not being able to get to the same areas and being very disadvantaged by it because now the player who does have grav/kb has the high ground. also has the issue of making traitor rooms on some maps accessible by innos, like inno motel, and theres not always a moderator dead/spectating to stop that from happening - in which case now you have traitors who lose their round because some inno can get into their t room not because they slipped into the door, just because they had a gun that let them.

second option keeps the issues that already begin with prop surfing. moderators always have to be on the prowl to keep people from going to unreachable areas, which they can't always do, especially because they're playing the game themselves. and then if i teleport someone from the top of rooftops, sometimes they get mad at me for putting them in a position where they might coincidentally die too.

---

i understand the appeal of the traits gameplay-wise, i do, even if i dont have a kb/grav gun myself. i love fun, that's why i love playing ttt, its fun. i dont have to try hard every round, i can mess about every now and again. but keeping the traits as they are leave too many holes for moderation.
Alright maybe it's not worth all the issues it brings. Can we at least keep the effects as a part of some new fun round?

Reactions: salisian

salisian

Crescent Lite
I didn't know I wanted a gravitating fun round until right now.

Otherwise, get that stuff out of here; it's taken over the server.

GioGio

Shining Justice
Crescent Lite
I'm for the suggestion, not for removing it altogether though.

Jabami

--
Crescent Infinity
I'm thinking best way to do it is maybe remove flying, I've only experienced it from Knockback and I'm 100% it's values are wrong somewhere. For example, shooting floor shouldn't knock you nor should the bullets of the gun without activating the trait not do anything to objects. They just stay still taking all the bullets aposed to other guns that move the objects slightly (Excluding the Awp and SSG that send them flying) but I agree with not using it as an escape, unless it has a downfall to balance it. But using it against actual players is overpowered. The boss fights for example, Helix and Veri both were just stuck into a corner via knockback and couldn't move at all, while other players get launched off of the map and die. So maybe the value just a bit too high 👀

Reactions: Zyp

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
A bit late to the thread, but the changes to these two traits in the follow-up update on Nov 9 (https://crescent.gg/threads/crescent-ttt-update-november-2nd-2019.720/post-2906) as well as the update to rule 6 (unreachable areas) addressed these issues exactly. Overall the output seems to be positive, but we will continue to make changes if required. I'm in the mindset that these effects are really fun and should be kept as long as we can find a way to make them fair enough for all sides.

Thank you for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.