Denied A way to compliment staff on Outstanding Behavior!

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterWhy

It would be nice to be able to compliment staff if they do a good job handling a situation. Or if they went above and beyond their job as a staff member to help a new member to the community to feel welcome. It would also be a way to show their Higher Up that they're doing a great job!

Reactions: Pups

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Infinity
There is a way.
Send them a DM or thank them on their profile, lol. We don't need to make a system for staff commendations. If you see someone who did an outstanding job with something, just tell them. It'll make them happy. And it's easy for higher ups to see if someone does an outstanding job, it shows in many ways, even without being said.

Making a system for it - in my opinion - feels robotic and distant. For that reason -1.
Staff should be approachable, not your gods and overlords to whom you offer praise and worship :LOL-:

Reactions: MisterWhy

Pups

It aint moat mr :p while its a nice sentiment, id personally rather stay as far away from adding more systems as possible. Right now it feels more like a family. If we add more systems itll feel more like a corporation.

MisterWhy

There is a way.
Send them a DM or thank them on their profile, lol. We don't need to make a system for staff commendations. If you see someone who did an outstanding job with something, just tell them. It'll make them happy. And it's easy for higher ups to see if someone does an outstanding job, it shows in many ways, even without being said.

Making a system for it - in my opinion - feels robotic and distant. For that reason -1.
Staff should be approachable, not your gods and overlords to whom you offer praise and worship :LOL-:

It aint moat mr :p while its a nice sentiment, id personally rather stay as far away from adding more systems as possible. Right now it feels more like a family. If we add more systems itll feel more like a corporation.
You both raise fair points, and for this reason I won't promote this suggestion any further. We'll see what Opal says. I meant for it to be a public way to tell everyone a certain staff member is doing a great job. Yes, you could say you could do that by just saying it in a server or something but its not the same as here on the forums. And yes, Pups while Moat does have this feature that's not why I suggested it.

Reactions: Siddo

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I think that posting on their profile is a great solution to this. It’s both publicly visible and allows you to write anything you want. A separate system for this would require a fair amount of effort to implement seamlessly into the website and kinda seems like reinventing the wheel since comments on profiles can serve the same purpose.

Maybe a kudos reaction or something to differentiate types of posts could be added but a whole new system seems like a bit much.

helix

science!
Honored Member
Heya,

Mostly for the reasons Siddo mentioned, I'm going to go ahead and deny this. I agree that having a section specifically for staff compliments has always seem... weird to me, and oddly impersonal. We're human, and honestly, we want to get to know our players one on one. If you want to give someone some props-- tell them! Let them know on their profile, DM them on discord. Pop them a message in game.. If really you want to go up the chain, let their admin know. :)

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.