Rules Add A 'Weapons Traits' Disclaimer To The Rules Page

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
I would like to suggest that a small section dedicated to Weapons Traits be added near the top of the Rules page. Since Weapon Traits are a big part of the server, there should at least be a disclaimer that using some Traits can be considered Traitorous in certain situations. I know that these situations fall under common-sense logic, but they're still some people that don't understand the common-sense concept. I'm not asking to have anything directly specific added to the rule page, just something like:

Weapon Traits
Keep in mind that some Weapon Traits can cause damage/harm to other players. When said Traits are used in certain situations, it can be considered as a Traitorous act. Likewise, you will be responsible for any RDM that may be caused by the use of a Weapon Trait.​

The reason I'm making this suggestion is two-fold.
  1. I've seen people abusing a couple of Weapon Traits to purposefully commit RDM. Having a disclaimer takes away their excuse that they didn't know it was wrong.
  2. I think it will help improve the overall gameplay. In some instances, death trains occur when someone is killed for using a Weapon Trait in a harmful situation, and then the player who killed them is killed, and so on because people don't understand that a Traitorous act has occurred.
It should also be noted that one cannot kill based on suspicion of the use of a Weapon Trait. They must have certainty that they witnessed the person use the Weapon Trait in a Traitorous way.

Reactions: Jason Bourne

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Lite
+1, I agree that it's worth adding and not as an entire section, but as a notice.
I think there's merit to a short line to make it clear that traits aren't above being traitorous to use.
That said, I think it should be an addendum under traitorous acts, rather than at the top of the rules.

I suggest adding it as a note at the top, under traitorous actions, similar to these:

Jason Bourne

Get some rest Pam... you look tired.
+1 to this, I have taken damage from weapon traits myself randomly, but some of these are kinda unpreventable as one requires a reload to drop a bomb.

Zax

Crescent Lite
+1 I like the idea