Denied Add more items slots

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
seriously imagine playing for just 3 months, you would have no space getting dailies and crates everyday + wanting to trade. We really need more space this is going to do no justice in just a few weeks. in crescent v1 i ran out of space in a few weeks and wanted to keep all my iteeeeems. why not just give infinitely expanding space why must there be a cap, i want to collect funky stuff and maybe go for every gun/rarirty

zeccep

:)
Crescent Infinity
i get that inventory space is most likely gonna be extended with ranks or something but in v1 i constantly ran out of slots even with ultra, also if your rank expires you now have 40 extra items to worry about in your mail with your already full inventory. please just make it infinite or add some sort of backpack expander item because items are gonna keep stocking up, especially if there are gonna be limited time items.

+1

Last edited:
Reactions: Silly

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Plus
+1 for reasons mentioned above. Having a cap makes sense, sure, but also this is very much not okay and I'm upset with you, Opal. I'd like more space thank you very much.

You could even make inventory space conditional to coerce people to join the forums; i.e. unlock more inventory space by signing up to the forums. Which on one hand rewards people joining the community while also being a boon to your regular members.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Short answer: inventories are capped mostly because of technical limitations.

Long answer: the inventories of our players are the largest data chunk we have. It gets really large, really fast. Now, if this data was only sitting in our database, then sure, that'll be okay because we have plenty of storage space there. The problem is that this data is also sitting in the server memory - and we all know how awful Source is with memory. It's a crappy old 32bit application which means memory isn't plentiful at all. With all the other things our servers need to store in memory (and there's a lot of them), it's becoming a very tricky dance.
We haven't reached that point yet, obviously, but as we grow further and have more and more features, we will approach this dangerous point more and more. It's important to prepare for it from the start rather than panic about it later.

It's another one of these things where we're yet again screwed by the engine. Regardless, I'll monitor this and try to find a way to safely allow more space without risking memory problems.

Thanks for suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.