Other Airborne on Knockback/Gravitating guns

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Yaas or naah

• Yaas

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Naah

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite
Ok so basically, Airborne was meant to be like a super situational damage boost that makes for epic moments like shooting someone thats falling, or as a mean to counter people that jump in fights.

What's happened though, is that people are putting Airborne on guns with Gravitating/Knockback, essentially having the effect in every fight, even if the person isnt jumping or not. The person gets shot into air from the first bullet and that is enough for the next shots to count as airborne shots.

This makes for some really broken guns, which just feel completely unfair to play against, as the damage from Airborne will most likely kill you faster than you have time to react.

I dont think Airborne should be nerfed. It can still make for some interesting guns. I just think it shouldn't be possible to add the Airborne mod on guns that have Knockback or Gravitating as their trait.

Weiss

⚖️ Church of Nemesis ⚖️
Crescent Infinity
+1

grav and knockback are already good for fights because they displace whoever's being shot by them and makes it increasingly harder to aim, when you're probably already getting shot in the back, it's hard to react accordingly all the time.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Lite
I honestly feel like knockback and gravity are too disruptive to aiming and are nearly impossible to fight even without airplay. It's hard to say whether or not airplay needs a Nerf, but I think the distance/height you get moved should be lowered, and perhaps only start lifting the player after a certain number of shots.

+1

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Lite
Okay, I think the problem lies with knockback/grav instead of the mod.

Here's what needs to happen:
Remove the active effect on knockback/grav (self-push or self-pull) and replace it with the current passive (push or pull on hit). There's no reason you should be able to push or pull everyone you shoot. 9 times out of 10 if your bullets don't kill them fall damage will, which is extremely frustrating to play against because you will pretty much die no matter what, even if you kill them before they kill you with their gun.

Reactions: MiGGo

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Both these need some sort of nerf they are irritating as fuck but u are airborn

Harvest

Crescent Infinity
So... seeing as this is kinda the place to voice concerns about stuff like this - knockback and gravitation are a colossal pain in the ass the way they work at the moment. Despite staff being able to bring people if they get to areas they're not supposed to, it doesn't happen as often as it should. I was KOS'd on Skycraft when I killed someone halfway up the tower - normally a safe spot to kill someone, but a player had climbed the mountain on the opposite end of the map, and had seen me from there.

The second case is more meta, but I still think it counts. Currently trying to design a minecraft map with Torb, and one of the issues we're having to think about is knockback flying. It means that certain ideas, like high-up T areas are either having to be thrown out, or re-worked entirely due to this mechanic.

Opalium

Stay awesome
You guys are surely creative.

We have some more changes coming up for these two Traits in the upcoming update. It will address these concerns too. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Zyp