WepMod Allow certain weapon mods on melee weapons

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Plus
Melees are unmodable. I get it that they're rare, but those who have them could make some use out of them than just being cool reskins. Lightweight, Bleed, Backstab or Rapid Fire would work perfectly with melee weapons, as their updates and downsides don't interfere with melee mechanics, like Destruction or Rumble (nonexistant disadvantage).

Reactions: Harvest

Dr. Frukistein

--
Crescent Plus
We had something similar to how rapid fire could work in an older community, though it didn't increase DPS it was more or less used to draw cool things on the walls of maps, I think there's a built in lightweight but I could be wrong, it does feel faster to run with the crowbar out instead of a primary but I'd be in favour of it if it's not built in and I'm just imagining it

Harvest

+1. I miss being able to draw on walls with my crowbar. Either that, or have it speed up when prestiged?

Zax

Crescent Plus
+1, my reaper is almost prestige 2 :) POG

And all my melees are already prestige 1 xd

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Plus
There could even be melee-only mods to avoid choosing what mods could and could not be shared with melees. For example:

Slasher: Faster swing rate
Battering Ram: Faster push recharge rate
Serration: Each hit causes non-stacking bleeding
Bash: Right-click pushes players further away and does some damage at push
Lightweight: Faster movement speed
Meteor Strike: More damage dealt when you're mid-air
Ullapool Caber: A successful hit explodes both you and the target, killing you both

• Funny
Reactions: Red and Siddo

Goose

Admin
Crescent Plus
Ullapool Caber should be its own melee weapon. I will pay many of the CCs for that. What more fun than to run somewhere and just explode by smacking the ground with it. Melee only mods would be nice but they would probably fill up inv quickly, and since most melee weapons are legendary/special, getting them might not be worth hoarding all those mods.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Melee WepMods are something we plan to do later on. Not this update, but later down the line.
As you already figured, this will come in the form of a dedicate set of melee-only WepMods, since it's going to be easier to work on them this way.
I don't have an ETA for this, but do know this is in our roadmap.