Weapon Allow the AK mummy to come with traits from the shop

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
Title, and give a reroll to those who got it without a trait. It makes the gun usable long term, and more enjoyable. Don't make it worth anything to scrap though.

Reactions: MemeDaddy

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Traited AK's are pretty uncommon right now. This would completely destroy any value they had, as everyone can get a the AK from this event with relative ease.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
Traited AK's are pretty uncommon right now. This would completely destroy any value they had, as everyone can get a the AK from this event with relative ease.
good point, how about this:
It doesn't come with a trait, but a trait reforger can be used to give it a trait later?

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
I'm fairly certain the rewards from this event are meant to be purely cosmetic. That's why the suggestion to give it a unique cosmetic trait (the mummify effect) is getting a lot of support from the devs.

Reactions: UncleBee

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Infinity
I like the mummy effect idea. Traits are fun but I have to agree that it makes more sense to give them unique effects instead of devaluing traits.

Reactions: FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade

Crescent Plus
I don't think that the Mummy AK should have a trait by default. However, like Pigeon @Pigeon suggested, it should be made possible to add a trait to the gun if someone wishes. This does make it more useable and viable long-term. Why would you even show off your Mummy AK that you got from the Halloween 2019 event if it was a disadvantage to use it? Making it able to have a trait added to it would allow the players who like the item to customize it further and make it their own. People who don't care about the Mummy AK can simply not add a trait to it. The gun is untradeable and does not yield anything when scrapped, so it wouldn't flood the market with AK's with traits. It would decrease the demand for traited AK's though...and thats why the item that adds the trait needs to be balanced as far as the difficulty to obtain such item.

Adding a special effect to the weapon is a really cool idea and I support it, but let's be honest...we are playing in a server where guns have the possibility to have a trait; between an AK with a special effect and an AK with a trait, the special effect is going to fall short and we will cease to see the Halloween 2019 Mummy AK being used at all.

TL;DR: Make the Mummy AK able to have a trait added, but don't make it free or easy. Instead, implement an item that can add a trait to Special category guns. That way, those who wish for it to have a trait can work toward adding it, and those who don't care won't be bothered.

Last edited:

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I don’t use the Mummy AK-47 since it is inferior to literally any other AK-47 with a trait. It should have something unique that makes it worth using or the ability to add a trait later. I agree with what has been said above — it’s a nice skin but not having a trait is just not going to do for me.

Zyp

Veteran Member
+1, unfortuneately with most of these halloween special items are more of a burden than useful, as they take up space in the inventory and are usually less useful than other items you can get. This would be a step in the right direction. like 3 types of crowbars, 3 head pieces, 3 models, tons of season specific end round songs. maybe a event inventory?

FrostedBlade

Crescent Plus
+1, unfortuneately with most of these halloween special items are more of a burden than useful, as they take up space in the inventory and are usually less useful than other items you can get. This would be a step in the right direction. like 3 types of crowbars, 3 head pieces, 3 models, tons of season specific end round songs. maybe a event inventory?
You can see the inventory has greyed-out spaces....my guess is that different donator ranks get more space or maybe they are making it a thing to buy more space with crescent cash? Dunno, just speculation.

Zyp

Veteran Member
You can see the inventory has greyed-out spaces....my guess is that different donator ranks get more space or maybe they are making it a thing to buy more space with crescent cash? Dunno, just speculation.
even then. its still not worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.