Other Allow us to disable our own tracer effects *but only for ourselves*

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Vorducas

Right now some tracer effects look great but can very quickly obscure your target on the faster firing weapons. I know you can disable them all together but I still want other people to be able to see my pretty bullets. I think it would be useful to have a CHUB setting/convar to disable weapon tracer effects in first person. Otherwise disabling them devalues them a lot and feels bad :c

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I don't know this is where it becomes an issue in terms of balance. Imagine you're getting sprayed down by a gun with tracer effects and there's a bunch of particles, and you cannot see the person shooting you, yet they're able to see you with no obstruction - that's not really fun either.

Vorducas

I don't know this is where it becomes an issue in terms of balance. Imagine you're getting sprayed down by a gun with tracer effects and there's a bunch of particles, and you cannot see the person shooting you, yet they're able to see you with no obstruction - that's not really fun either.

I see where you're coming from, I don't view it as much of a problem because I've never been obstructed by someone else's tracers, but maybe I'm just lucky and haven't been attacked with the right weapon/tracer combo. Might be worth testing what it looks like to get shot with the faster guns sometime. This could be avoided with a setting to just turn off all tracers on your end but that wraps back around to my initial point of others not being able to see them devaluing them. I'm down to look at the tracers with godmode or something sometime when the server is empty to see how much of a problem tracers are from the victims pov