Weapon AUG needs a buff

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Plus
AUG doesn't exceed Galil in any form other than built-in scope. It deals less damage, shoots less rounds per minute and has less headshot multiplier.

Don't believe me? Compare these two guns I happen to own.

My idea? Equalize RPM or make it slightly higher (667 or 700) and increase damage from 19 to 20 or 21. Clip size obviously stays in order to stay faithful to CS:GO, while HSMP is fair, given AUG's scope. The damage and RPM it currently has are a joke.

"But Methelin, why should AUG be as good as Galil, or even slightly better than it?"

Given CS:GO's nature, AUG/SG553 (we won't get to see SG553 on Crescent though) is supposed to outclass Famas/Galil. Yes, we don't need any outclassing on Crescent, but that's not the point. These scoped butchers usually have rarer skins, and given how Crescent operates, this often makes AUGs rarer than Galils, at least in current state, where all AUGs we have (besides stock) are precious Torque and legendary Akihabara Accept.

"But Methelin, why don't we just nerf Galil?"

Galil's perfectly fine as it is, it's the AUG that underwhelms. Nerfing something that's not overpowered or a crutch is not the way to go.

Reactions: MisterWhy

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Plus
First off, +1, I agree it feels weaker than other primaries of the same type.

But:
Honestly, just bump it to 21 or even just 20 damage per round, that's all it needs to be substantially better than it currently is and far less underwhelming.
The amount of times I've gotten 95-99 damage on someone with the AUG is sad. If it just had that 1 more damage per shot as base stats, it'd be good.

It doesn't need to exceed the Galil's stats on any parameter. The built-in scope that lets it function dynamically at both short, mid, and long range, makes it a really powerful weapon. Only its low damage output is currently holding it back from being on par with other weapons. That small nudge upward in damage per shot is all it needs, I think.

Reactions: MiGGo
Status
Not open for further replies.