Other Borrowing/Temping

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Lite
Hey everybody, I'm back again with another suggestion.

In this TED talk, I'll be discussing "temping", or borrowing items from others.

Those of you who played on moat may remember temping items from or to friends, or to other players- and the risk of losing it, because who you temped it to got grounded, went out of town, or just simply forgot about it.

Here on crescent, I think it would be nice for borrowing items to be a feature. Here's how it would work:
In a trade, you can check a box that says "Temporary Trade", and if the trade goes through with that option selected, the items that each player receive from the trade have the following properties:
-Shards, CC and any other non-item currency cannot be added to the trade.​
-Cannot be traded, added to the market, or scrapped at all (there's not even an option to scrap).​
-WepMods, name changers, and scopes cannot be added or removed.​
-Trait Reforgers cannot be used.​
-Both players will receive mail that explains these conditions, with a button that reverses the trade. Either player may click the button at any point, and the game will return the items to their respective inventories.​

Temporarily trading my items to my friends on moat was always a bit annoying, since I was at their mercy of when I would get the item back, and this is a good solution to that.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

tups

Crescent Lite
yes please, I'd love to whore out my guns to people once i get a good one

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
+1 Sounds like a cool feature that would allow people to test an item out before they decided if they wanted to purchase it as well.

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Lite
I heartfully support this suggestion. It would make the trading realm much safer. I was thinking about an option to automatically untrade after a certain time, but with option that either side could do it anytime, the timer isn't even needed.

andrewca79

Crescent Lite
+1 Would be useful to test out people's guns before making a full trade or to just see what combination of traits and wep mods you like in general

Jabami

--
Crescent Lite
+1 Seems like a neat idea. Thought I don't know how many people would use it, asuming a lot since it's a feature recomennedd from another community that people liked, Not sure how hard this would do either but if player was to forget, not be online etc after a certain amount of time maybe say 2-3 days, not too short or long. It auto returns to mail as well as the reverse trade option you mentioned

Anna

big titty bitch
Crescent Lite
I love this idea +1 from me. Great idea to have an option to get the gun back should someone forget or go MIA too

Zax

Crescent Lite
+1, will probably take a bit of coding though.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Yup. Item borrowing is something we want to do somewhere down the line. We have more pressing matters to tend to first, but it's definitely a feature I'd like to have. There are a bunch of design challenges with this concept, but we'll get this through eventually.