Crescent Halloween Name Contest?

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
First Annual Crescent Halloween Name Contest

As a wise man once said, "A goose by any other name would be as terrifying."
Welcome to the first of many Halloween name contests here at Crescent. The rules for this are very simple. If you want to participate, simply reply below this thread with your regular name as well as your seasonal name. Discord/Forum PMs do not count as valid entries, and will not be judged. We may also remove off-topic responses to this thread.
On October 24, our carefully curated panel of judges will give your name a number value for each of the following categories:

• Cleverness
  • HuuuuUUUUUUuuumor
  • Originality
Then winners will be chosen, and you'll have two weeks to claim your prize (or work out a time with me to claim it.) This year's panel of judges consists of none other than Cursid, Opalium, Scari, The Ghooste of Crescent, and Pigeon Spice Latte.

Prizes!

There are nine prizes in total. The overall winner gets 2,000 shards plus 2,500 cc, the winner of each category gets 1,000 shards plus 1,000 cc, and each judge will pick a favorite name to award 250 shards.
The overall winner and each category winner must be different people. If you win overall and a category, the next highest scoring in that category wins instead. Judge's choice awards can be given to anyone, regardless of what other categories they have won.

FAQs
Q: It's September, why are you doing this now?
A: Good question.

Q: Can staff members participate?
A: Staff members can, but judges cannot.

Q: What do you mean by "seasonal name"?
A: Halloween is the obvious one, but anything Autumn related is allowed.

Q: Could you explain in more detail what you're looking for in each category?
A: Cleverness is a score based on how your seasonal name is related to your regular name, as well as what makes it seasonal. For example, "Pigeon Spice Latte" is a play on "Pumpkin spice latte", and the fact that my name is "Pigeon". You may also receive extra points in this category if you have a name that's harder to work with such as "Zeccep". Humor is a score based on how funny we find it. Originality is a score based on how outside the box your choice is. For example, "Spooky Torbjorn" or "Halloween Weiss" would not receive a high originality score.

Q: Hjonk?
A: Hjonk.

Q: Will you be doing this for Christmas too?
A: Probably, but it depends on how well received this one is.

Q: Can I use a name that someone else came up with for me?
A: Sure.

Q: If I comment my name down below and then think of a better one, is it too late to change it?
A: Not at all. Feel free to edit your initial comment up until October 24. We will only judge your most recent submission, however, so don't bother posting multiple names.

Q: Do I actually have to use my name?
A: You might as well, but no. You're not required to change your name on the forums, discord, or in game. I might like your name less though if you don't use it.

Good luck all, and may the best names win!

🐤​

Demon

Crescent Plus
Regular Name: Demon
Seasonal: Inter-demon-sional

:duck:

Certified: "Worst TTT Player of 2020"
Crescent Plus
regular name: spider
seasonal: veri big spider || moat.gg

• Love
Reactions: Mist

TheDrunkenMagi

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Original: TheDrunkenMagi

Halloween: TheSpookenDoot

I don't doot before spooktober so I won't change my name until then.

Last edited:

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Original name Flire, Fleere, Fire, Flurry, Flower, floore and so much more.

Halloween name : Spooky Flider's cuz who doesn't love spiders :noot:

Rooflolly

original: Rooflolly
spooky: Cole fixing moat.gg

i like to believe the unimaginable is fairly scary, and im really tired rn

Baker

Dazed & Confused
Crescent Plus
OG: A Baker's Dozen/Baker
Seasonal: The Crummy Cradle Bread Maker

Reactions: Demon

Demon

Crescent Plus
OG: A Baker's Dozen/Baker
Seasonal: The Crummy Cradle Bread Maker
That's great, my only suggestion is I'd recommend shortening it to The Crummy Cradle Baker or something