Other Crescent Pass

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
I know this sounds generic as shit but hear me out. What if there was a Crescent Pass that offers extra progression rewards for the player rather than specific guns. Not only would this be fun to complete and such but it would also encourage people to play more. Also, this would offer an opportunity for a bunch of new stuff to be added such as new cosmetics, weapon skins, and possibly even stuff like new traits or legendary effects. Maybe it could be something cool like if there's a new legendary trait when you hit max level for the crescent pass you get a legendary gun but its guaranteed to have the new trait. I'm definitely down to talk about this and I'm interested to hear what you guys think.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
I do think a battle pass would be a great system to add but it would need to be done right. A freemium model could be used to add milestones for those that enjoy the free-to-play aspect while adding some items behind a paywall to make implementing such a feature worth it.

I was thinking they could use something such as # of tasks completed to count towards the progression of the pass and maybe something like actively playing. The rewards would need to make grinding it worth it and at the same time shouldn't take time away from developing other parts of the server. The main issue I see is just the initial implementation since that will take time to do right.

Reactions: Mist and Demon

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
I do think a battle pass would be a great system to add but it would need to be done right. A freemium model could be used to add milestones for those that enjoy the free-to-play aspect while adding some items behind a paywall to make implementing such a feature worth it.

I was thinking they could use something such as # of tasks completed to count towards the progression of the pass and maybe something like actively playing. The rewards would need to make grinding it worth it and at the same time shouldn't take time away from developing other parts of the server. The main issue I see is just the initial implementation since that will take time to do right.
Yeah, you could get progression to it both by actively playing and maybe also challenges. It would also be good if it could take people out of their normal comfort zone with stuff like getting x amount of kills with y type of weapon and stuff like that. If it does happen it'll definitely be a big change but I think it'll be a good one.

McLovin

4head meg head
Crescent Plus
I saw a form of this on another server I played on The gist was basically having about 100 levels of varying qualities of weapons, playermodels, cosmetics, etc that can be obtained by xp for completing daily/weekly/monthly objectives. The system lasted for a couple of months too, letting players get quite a bit of time in depending on their schedules. It worked out pretty well and got players coming back constantly to get those top tier items. This would honestly benefit the server quite a bit if implemented properly, so big +1 from me

Reactions: Demon

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
The main issue is that if the battle passes come with exclusive content then the downloads for the server will be very large. If we reward them with guaranteed existing content then it would make that content be of less value unless it's just crates, shards, or something like an emoji. That'd be my only concern.

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
The main issue is that if the battle passes come with exclusive content then the downloads for the server will be very large. If we reward them with guaranteed existing content then it would make that content be of less value unless it's just crates, shards, or something like an emoji. That'd be my only concern.
I understand your concern, but that's just what comes with new content. But wouldn't it just be a one time download thing and then you have all the models and such saved and it would load from your computer not the server?

Reactions: Torbjörn

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
I understand your concern, but that's just what comes with new content. But wouldn't it just be a one time download thing and then you have all the models and such saved and it would load from your computer not the server?
Yeah, but the main concern is for new players if the initial download is too long they might leave. Especially on slower connections people don't want to wait 10+ minutes to see player models and actually be able to start playing.

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
Yeah, but the main concern is for new players if the initial download is too long they might leave. Especially on slower connections people don't want to wait 10+ minutes to see player models and actually be able to start playing.
Possibly something could be done where its a small initial download and then later you can choose to do the rest of it.

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
The issue is things like player models need to be downloaded, or they’ll just see errors. If there was a way to just show default models instead that would be nice but it’s probably a limitation of Source.

Reactions: Demon