Other Crowbar Daily

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Kills in the one in the melee fun round should count for the challenges of crowbar kills.

• Dislike
Reactions: Hex: Autism and Rem

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I'm pretty sure this is intentional. The only task that fun rounds count for is the "participate in fun rounds" task. Unless something changed from a while ago this has been the case for the entire existence of the server.

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
I'm pretty sure this is intentional. The only task that fun rounds count for is the "participate in fun rounds" task. Unless something changed from a while ago this has been the case for the entire existence of the server.
The thing is, the rest of the daily challenges pretty much you do naturally, while the crowbar one you have to go especially out of your way to do and is extra challenging. Realistically the only people you can kill with a crowbar are AFKs, and even that's difficult.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
The thing is, the rest of the daily challenges pretty much you do naturally, while the crowbar one you have to go especially out of your way to do and is extra challenging. Realistically the only people you can kill with a crowbar are AFKs, and even that's difficult.
True. I wouldn’t be opposed to this change but it is intentional that fun round kills don’t progress most tasks.

Reactions: Mist and Demon

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
In the end of the day i can see demon's point here, you can only get crowbar kills usually by killing afk's or metagaming, it's almost the same as our old healing tasks for detectives.

An easy fix would let the oitc or oitm count towards this task or just remove it. We removed healing task from dets due to metagaming, in the end of the day it is a very easy task to complete so not sure if it warrants removing

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
An easy fix would let the oitc or oitm count towards this task or just remove it. We removed healing task from dets due to metagaming, in the end of the day it is a very easy task to complete so not sure if it warrants removing
I'm not sure what you mean by it being an easy task. Realistically the only way you can progress it is through killing AFKs, which most of the time are out in open spaces where innos will see you and kill you. If they're not in open spaces, a lot of the time your T buddy will have already killed them.

TheSpookenDoot

Veteran Member
Crescent Infinity
I disagree with letting the fun rounds count, because the task is intended to be completed during normal matches. I do agree that something should probably change with this challenge though. I typically do it by taking the risk and rushing at someone near death with my crowbar instead of playing the game normally. I feel like the task gets in the way of normal play instead of encouraging people to use an under utilized piece of equipment.

Solution brainstorm:
-Just get rid of the task
-Replace melee kills with melee damage done
-Buff melee weapons to do more damage based on the target's missing health
-Replace melee kills with time holding a melee weapon

Reactions: Demon