In Progress Curb edgy/racist behaviour

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

baguette

just a french bread
Crescent Plus
Why is shit like this Source: https://i.imgur.com/6d02tio.png
or binds with N word allowed? Surely there are enough staff members to control such acts of desperation and constant need for attention so it's not for a lack of manpower.

I'm not going to type up long paragraphs for something which clearly should be prohibited.

Stop turning a blind eye.

TheDrunkenMagi

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
I don't get it. What's edgy about that? Just looks like an poorly made conspiracy theory that isn't even funny in an ironic way.

• Dislike
Reactions: Silly

NotGud

Crescent Plus
If you know Rick at all, you would know that he's the kind of person to veil blatant racism, homophobia, and anti-semitism behind "hahah funny irony xDDD". He doesn't even hide it half the time. He's the exemplary shitty kid who spends too much time on 8chan or ifunny or whatever the fuck and thinks that these things are funny.

He's an awful person and I'm convinced the only reason he's still around is because he's a long-time player.

McLovin

He's an awful person and I'm convinced the only reason he's still around is because he's a long-time player.
Seniority should not be an excuse for blatant racism, homophobia, or anti-semitism, period.

TheDrunkenMagi

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
This is a Gmod TTT server, not a battleground state or your safe space echo chamber. People just come here to play games and have fun. Harassment is bannable, that includes calling someone the N-word or any other kind of hateful slur. There is no "veil" because people almost never encounter racism, homophobia, or anti-semitism (outside of politics) to the point that they don't even believe they are real. This behavior is probably closer to mockery through imitation than it is to humorous propaganda. Stop pretending that without censorship this stuff grows rampant and out of control. I doubt seniority has anything to do with it. Pretty sure "the eyes" are apathetic, not blind.

If you're saying we'd probably get more people on the server by censoring these things, I disagree. Most Gmod players probably fall under "edgy/racist behavior."

• Dislike
Reactions: McLovin and zeccep

NotGud

Crescent Plus
This is a Gmod TTT server, not a battleground state or your safe space echo chamber. People just come here to play games and have fun. Harassment is bannable, that includes calling someone the N-word or any other kind of hateful slur. There is no "veil" because people almost never encounter racism, homophobia, or anti-semitism (outside of politics) to the point that they don't even believe they are real. This behavior is probably closer to mockery through imitation than it is to humorous propaganda. Stop pretending that without censorship this stuff grows rampant and out of control. I doubt seniority has anything to do with it. Pretty sure "the eyes" are apathetic, not blind.

If you're saying we'd probably get more people on the server by censoring these things, I disagree. Most Gmod players probably fall under "edgy/racist behavior."
What the hell are you going on about? I don't mean that in a derogatory way; I honestly have no clue what point you are trying to make here, or how any of this is relevant to the original post. "There is no "veil" because..." and so on is a sentence I cannot for the life of me understand, and if it means what I think it means, I'm appalled by the ignorance.

The whole thing is just the paradox of tolerance. By tolerating edgy and offensive users like Rick, the server becomes a "sAfE SPacE eCHo cHAmBeR" for similar people. Without modding or censorship, this stuff DOES get out of control. I've seen it in action in other servers, where a lack of control or outright support leads to a hugely toxic and disheartening experience for anyone who's not a straight white male. I will admit that Rick is basically the source of all things unholy on the Discord and the absolute worst when it comes to this stuff; however, casual sexism and racism from other users still exist. Allowing this behavior with the excuse "b-but players dont want a LIBTARD SAFE SPACE ;-;" is gross. If most players fall under the umbrella of edgy and racist, catering to them is the wrong move.

I've probably spent way too long writing this, simply because I cannot understand what the argument here is. Simply not tolerating straight-up racists should not be this hard.

Reactions: McLovin

TheDrunkenMagi

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
The "racism, homophobia, sexism, and anti-semitism" you see on the server isn't real. It mores resembles mockery through imitation than it does the propaganda you seem to be claiming it does. Without modding or censorship, this stuff DOESN'T get out of control. I've seen it in action in other servers, where a lack of control or outright support leads to a wholesome gaming environment and enjoyable experience for everyone, even people who aren't straight white males. Also your fixation with Rick is borderline harassment. If you believe he acts against the rules, report him. If you reported him and your report was overruled, that's the end of it.

To put it simply, you're trying to xenophobically deny people access to the server based on your own opinions, moral values, and prejudices. I disagree with that.

NotGud

Crescent Plus
what

I honestly have no idea how to respond to such a convoluted "no u". I would make a joke or something, but how are you supposed to respond to "racism isnt real lol"?

I think I'll just give up the "argument" here, because I sincerely doubt this is going to go anywhere.

TheDrunkenMagi

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
I think I'll just give up the "argument" here, because I sincerely doubt this is going to go anywhere.
Understandable, have a nice day.
I feel the need to clarify though. I'm not saying racism isn't real. I'm saying this isn't real racism.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Neither of the things you describe are allowed, and both are taken care of as soon as a staff member sees it. If this is not the case, you should inform the higher-ups about it so we can take care of it. The message in question was sent late in the night when the majority of the staff team isn't available but it was deleted as soon as someone noticed it.

It seems your main beef in this discussion is with a specific member rather than an overall problem. Painting this like a community-wide problem is wrong and unfair when in reality you are referring to specific incidents. Again, if something slipped through the cracks, make a proper report and let us know.

• Dislike
Reactions: Silly

baguette

just a french bread
Crescent Plus
A message being deleted doesn't have the effect a reprimand/disciplining does. This has happened with Rick at least twice since I've been active again, and in game with numerous people.

I wish I could upload entire sessions or clips where numerous other people have displayed some form of racist behavior and nothing has been done.

Anyway, I'll try to record where I can and hopefully that will change your stance regarding enforcing some rules a bit more harshly.

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Plus
While some people participate in this kind of behaviour significantly more than the average user, I do agree that this is something we may want to look into being more proactive about.
I have no issue with people being edgy and making offensive jokes. But when it reaches the point that you feel the need to make a post like this, then we may have taken a hard left into Toxes City.

I can assure you that we are gonna look into this and discuss changes to prevent such behaviour from running rampant.

zeccep

:)
Crescent Infinity
The "racism, homophobia, sexism, and anti-semitism" you see on the server isn't real. It mores resembles mockery through imitation than it does the propaganda you seem to be claiming it does.
being racist as a joke doesnt make it any less racist

• Dislike
Reactions: TheDrunkenMagi

McLovin

It makes it not racist at all actually, it makes it a joke.
By that standard, I could call someone the N-word with a hard R, hit em with every racial slur under the sun but as long as in the end, I said I was "joking" or "messing about" it's not racist. Am I understanding your logic correctly?

• Dislike

Silly

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
why dont we just ban rick, as an extremely peaceful and big hearted person of the community

ban rick

• Dislike
Status
Not open for further replies.