Serious Discussion On Rules and Punishments

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Mickey

Disney Gang
Crescent Plus
I have been hearing a good amount of people complaining about some of the rules and regulations crescent has as of now. So I would like to make this article a discussion to address and hear some of the community feedback on the procedures we have right now.

I'll start off with some of my own concerns regarding the rules:
1. You should have to at least warn someone once before you can kill them for passing an unided body. Sometimes you honestly don't see an unided body and you shouldn't just be able to kill someone solely for passing it very briefly.
2. Mass RDM should not be a 1-day ban I understand we are very lax in terms of punishments, but this punishment seems too lax.

The rules are subject to change so it would be best everyone would comment of their own concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chysko

Carned

✘o ✘o
Crescent Plus
1. Absolutely not, not a chance no way it makes the game way too easy for Traitors. I've literally never been killed for an unaided in 5 years it's quite easy to see them. In the time it takes to type out to someone who's passed an unided they will just shoot you.

Pups

1. - Neutral. I've seen servers that both do this and don't. I'd say its unfair to shoot an AFK next to an unid, even though its obvious they weren't killed for a reason. Atleast give them a chance. It would have to be carefully done though as people could pretend to be afk just to be toxic. But could also be a good traitor strategy to go unnoticed for a while.
However asking them to ID gives the T a chance to get the first shot, when really that should be reserved for the inno who noticed it.

2. - I do agree with this one. Mass rdm should be a week minimum, in my eyes. A day is not enough for them to cool off over their ban. Permanent is too long, it will only cause more grief with unban requests. A week people can typically put up with as they knew they did wrong. Especially if they're a brand new player.

Majin Buubonic

BUU CURE PESTILENCE
Crescent Infinity
1. You should have to at least warn someone once before you can kill them for passing an unided body. Sometimes you honestly don't see an unided body and you shouldn't just be able to kill someone solely for passing it very briefly.

Other than the balance issues mentioned previously my problem with this suggestion is that the warning will most often be in voice chat making it extremely easy to miss when everyone is talking at once or there is mic spam. It will also lead to an increase in reports and leave a lot of gray areas for misinterpretation.

Mickey

Disney Gang
Crescent Plus
Just a quick fyi I'd also like everyone to submit their own concerns if they have any

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Plus
I agree- mass RDM is a bit lenient. Players are allowed to forgive, so most cases of accidental RDM are forgiven- and the chances of a player accidentally RDMing three players who are unwilling to forgive is next to none.

helix

science!
Honored Member
One thing to consider with the Mass RDM rule, is that the initial 24 hour punishment is really only supposed to be for those that RDM accidentally within two maps 3 times. Perhaps however, it should be the other way around. I'm thinking something along the lines of...

Mass RDM (3-4 kills) = 7 days with +1 week for every repeated offense.

Along with this, the caveat would be that if the kills are accidental, staff may place a ban for 24 hours rather than 1 week at their discretion.

Thoughts?

As far as unid's-- I gotta admit I'm on Carned @Carned and Leo @Yabuto 's side on this one. I know this is a pretty significant difference from moat, however, remember that the karma system is still there- so players, for the most part, still usually ask anyways, or are a bit more reserved from shooting immediately. Also, overall, this is a game where you're supposed to be aware of your surroundings. While I understand how a rule asking people to ID bodies can be fair in some situations, it is really giving traitors an opportunity to get out of trouble very easily and making the game a lot easier for them.

Reactions: Dolph1n

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Infinity
Regarding 1, and having played on servers where both warnings are required and not required, I disagree with a warning system. It just ruins the flow of the game so much.
What I do agree with though, in principle, is that if you can obviously tell that there's no chance on earth that they saw it, then killing them is just being a dick. More precisely, killing them because you technically can, even though you don't really have a reason to suspect that they're a traitor.

It is always up to the player how they act in a situation. If you see someone pass over an unid'd, it is perfectly valid to say "Ay Opalium, you wanna ID that?" - just as it's perfectly valid to blast their face.
Instead of making the rules dictate how you play, remember that the rules are simply justifications for when you can make certain plays. See someone T-bait? You don't have to kill them. See someone ignore a body? You don't have to kill them. Find Inno DNA that leads to someone? You still don't have to kill them. It's a choice you make for the reasons you have.

Put on your thinking caps instead of killing for every traitorous thing you see. Innocents can commit traitorous acts too, after all.
-1 on the unid'd body thing.

For mass RDM, I like helix' idea. 1 day at discretion of staff when it's accidental, 1 week when it's just dumb RDMing.