Denied DNA Rule Change?

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazard

Darnell gonna get ya!
Crescent Plus
I suggest making Running away with a body that has DNA kos'able. Right now it's not kos'able and it doesn't really make sense, at least to me.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
I don't disagree with this, but there are a few issues.

1. It's hard to discern someone's reasoning for moving a body in every situation. What might appear to you as trying to run off with a body to prevent it from being dna'd could actually be then taking the body directly to the detective. In your situation that wasn't the case, but rules have to function as a catch-all because overly specific rules create more problems than they solve, or just become too dense for anyone to bother to read.
2. Unless you're counting, you don't have an accurate way to tell how much time is left on the dna. You would have to check the body yourself and keep a mental note of the timer. It's too specific of a situation to keep track of imo.
3. In its current form, the rdm manager doesn't track whether or not a body still has dna. Before the rule could be changed, the rdm manager would have to be changed, and I'm not sure how feasible a change like that would be.

All that said, this isn't the first time I've heard people talk about this rule, so I'm open to hearing what other people think about this.

Rem

Admin
Crescent Plus
While I do think this change would incentivize detectives actually doing there job from round to round, I could also see this abused in some way shape or form when a firefight resolves and an individual is mass IDing bodies to quickly discern who is left in any given round. This change could lead to further rdm chains in these post firefight scenarios because are already in a state of confusion typically in these scenarios and placing a rule like this in effect would only exacerbate that state confusion and the resulting RDM. TLDR sounds like a hassle to enforce/ implement that would not be worth the payoff

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
I personally wouldn't be a fan of this rule. It would be hard to enforce and let people get away with RDMing if they just say "body had DNA" but by the time we would get around to the report we wouldn't be able to verify that.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
As torb said, it just gives people a reason to RDM without it being "rdm" since it would be in the rules

Rem

Admin
Crescent Plus
I misread this thread, I thought you said from a dead body. Either way it just gives people more reason to RDM so meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.