Other Elimination Fun Round

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Zax

Crescent Lite
So basically, my idea is... (Elimination) fun round.

So you may be wondering, "Zax, how does this work?" Well, let me explain.

The fun round, "Elimination" will be kind of like Free For All, but not quite. So basically, every player will spawn with the same gun, (A gun of random pick, of course) It could be a secondary or primary, and everyone battles to the death. BUT, there's a catch. Every player will be killing each other, and they will also re-spawn when they die. Here's the catch, The players with the most kills stay alive, while gradually, the players with the least kills are eliminated. They can be eliminated at random, and each player will keep being eliminated till one remains. Here's an example of the gameplay. Every round starts with 30 second elimination time, meaning there are 30 seconds before the FIRST player is eliminated, After that, the average elimination time would be 15 seconds.

Me vs 4 other players - I have 4 kills, Player 1 has 3, player 2 has 2, and player 3 has 1. Therefore, after about 30 seconds of gameplay, the elimination begins, and Player 3 is eliminated. We continue, I now have 5 kills, Player 2 has 4 kills, and Player 1 still has 3 kills. Therefore, after about maybe 15 seconds, Player 1 is eliminated. Now, it is just me, and Player 2. Whoever is killed first by the other player, is eliminated, So say that Player 2 kills me, as we were the last 2 standing. That would mean Player 2 has won the round.

Basically, all & all, Elimination would be a great add on to the fun rounds, The only thing I feel that the only downside to this is the length of the round. To fix this, you should build a code that is effected by the amount of players are on the servers, so basically, if there were about 20 players on the server, you could change the elimination time to 10 seconds, but if there were, say 9 players on the server, you could change the elimination time to 15 seconds.

(In my opinion, maybe 10 seconds for every elimination fun round would be quite good.)

But anyways, yeah, this is my fun round suggestion. Feel free to share your opinions :)

Zyp

Veteran Member
-1 this would be awful with small servers and for big servers it would be way too long.

• Dislike
Reactions: Fupert and Zax

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Lite
An interesting concept for sure. I think Zyp is right though, it'd take too long. I'm generally not fond of respawn rounds for a few reasons, including;
1) Not every map has divided respawns, e.g. community pool, everyone spawns together. It just becomes a big mess.
2) On maps where spawns are divided out across the whole map, you risk spawning miles from everyone and just losing by default 'cause you can't get any kills (e.g. 67thway).

Looping that back around to this, it'd be frustrating to play in this state. I like the random weapon mechanic and I think for some cases, it'd even be fun to leave out primaries and secondaries altogether and make it a big ol' crowbar fight.
I like elements of this, but as a whole, I don't think it'd be very fun to play on a lot of the maps due to how those maps are designed.

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
I like elements of this, but as a whole, I don't think it'd be very fun to play on a lot of the maps due to how those maps are designed.
This is why I think it would be cool to edit each map's player spawns and customize them, or, customize the spawns for each fun round individually. Yes, I'm aware that it would be a ton of work to accomplish this (to have custom spawns for each fun round AND for each map would mean tweaking each map in the rotation 5-6 times).

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Lite
I think that this could be interesting. However, I think current fun rounds need to be improved before adding new ones. Personally, most fun rounds aren’t very fun depending on their map. As FrostedBlade @FrostedBlade suggested each map needs predetermined spawn points depending on the fun round. Also, some fun rounds just should not be enabled on specific maps since they are long and frustrating rounds.

Reactions: FrostedBlade

Opalium

Stay awesome
I like this idea quite a lot. However, as the others mentioned, this would first require us to edit some of the spawns of some maps. It's a pretty tedious task so it might take a while to do (unless anyone volunteers to help us out).

The round itself, with some tweaks, sounds like a pretty fun idea. It has the chaos of Bomb Rush, which was pretty well received last time I added it, so I believe this will work out well too.