WepMod Equipment Mods

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Orion

Note: This is a repost of the suggestion I posted when Crescent came out the first time. Some stuff might be missing from here because I'm not gonna just remember everything.

Essentially, modifications to place on traitor and detective specific equipment that shake up the gameplay and make the player use it in a different way. The examples and stats shown on the following spoilers are just for show, meaning they might be completely broken or useless in their entirety. It's simply to show how the meta can be changed by modifying the weapons we already know. If they are to be tiered, it's all up to Opalium to choose.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.

**ALL EQUIPMENTS MAINTAIN THEIR VANILLA FUNCTIONS UNLESS A STAT CHANGE NEGATES IT**

-75% Damage
+15% Explosion radius
-66% Damage falloff
Players affected by the explosion are set on fire for X seconds
-66% Damage
-10 seconds on arm time
Players affected by the explosion are frozen for X seconds and gain a 10% damage resistance
Detectives within a radius of X have a 50% longer radar refresh time
Radars of detectives within a radius of Y hide players within a radius of Z upon refreshing
This equipment makes a lot of unwanted noise when a radar is scrambled
-90% Damage
+20% Explosion radius
Players affected by the explosion are set on fire for X seconds
Upon exploding, leaves a carpet of flames for Y seconds
Players caught within the cloud of gas are dealt X damage per second
+100% Player vision
The gas is much more visible
-50% Damage from the front
+200% Damage from the back
Cannot be thrown
-33% Damage
+200% Damage when thrown
-66% Damage
+10% Explosion radius
Players damaged by the explosion are set on fire for X seconds
Direct impact victims are set on fire for Y seconds
-25% Silence duration (X)
Players affected shoot and move 25% slower for 2*X seconds
+10% Damage resistance
-15% Movement speed
-15% Damage resistance
+20% Movement speed
-10% Damage resistance
User is immune to fire
-75% clip size
-75% reserve ammunition
-25% reload speed
Victim's weapon starts overheating and explodes after X seconds
(Possible Tier 3) Dropped weapons still explode for 75% damage
Non traitors receive X damage for Y seconds
(Possible Tier 3) Indestructible
Does not explode when interacted with

Last edited:
Reactions: BorkWoof

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
I like the idea of modifying buy menu equipment, but I'm not sure about these ideas. Both c4s seem pretty pointless compared to normal c4, even with a buff to range or arm time. Scrambler decoy could be okay, though I've seen people killed before for not showing up on a radar (indicating they had a decoy placed). Crescent doesn't have trip mines, but the bouncing betty exists and you can use its alt fire to load your current grenade into it. In other words, the incendiary trip mine has always existed. And for the poisonous tear gas grenade, I love the idea.

Reactions: Orion

Orion

I like the idea of modifying buy menu equipment, but I'm not sure about these ideas. Both c4s seem pretty pointless compared to normal c4, even with a buff to range or arm time. Scrambler decoy could be okay, though I've seen people killed before for not showing up on a radar (indicating they had a decoy placed). Crescent doesn't have trip mines, but the bouncing betty exists and you can use its alt fire to load your current grenade into it. In other words, the incendiary trip mine has always existed. And for the poisonous tear gas grenade, I love the idea.
Like I said in the thread, they're just examples to show how stuff can be changed. I just want Equipment Mods to be added. I'm not expecting any of those to be added since they might be useless or broken, but thanks for the feedback.

Orion

Also, I'm periodically adding mods to different equipments so check out every now and then.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Equipment WepMods are indeed something I want to do later on. It won't be for the launch, but it's something on the to-do list.
How it will be done is already a different question, given the changes WepMods went through in new Crescent. The old concepts don't hold as much as before. I think this is something to discuss further when we get to that point in development.

• Love
Reactions: Orion