Accepted Forum Profile Banners and Forum Profile Songs

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

big titty bitch
Crescent Plus
Can already add banners (see my profile for example) but I am ALL for a profile song. So long as there is some way for it to not ear rape people that come onto the page and so it doesn't ruin load times onto pages n the likes I see it as a good customization addition. I don't see it as a necessity, but it would be cool to have something like it eventually :LOL-:

Reactions: MisterWhy

MisterWhy

Can already add banners (see my profile for example) but I am ALL for a profile song. So long as there is some way for it to not ear rape people that come onto the page and so it doesn't ruin load times onto pages n the likes I see it as a good customization addition. I don't see it as a necessity, but it would be cool to have something like it eventually :LOL-:

Yes, not as a necessity just something cool to spruce up the forums ;)
And it could be a play button in a corner or you have an option somewhere to disable or enable profile songs autoplaying or something along those lines. And ear-rape could be against forum rules. Just some ideas :)

Agent Knockout

I like that very much. Profile songs could be quite fun, although I imagine it should only apply when you open the profile, and not just hover over the name from the forums. (Aka viewing it fully, rather than a small tab)

Reactions: Sephy and MisterWhy

Reapalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Banner profiles (or covers, as they're called in XenForo) are already a feature, they're just not accessible to everyone yet. Hopefully they will be introduced later on.

Profile songs are something I'm not sure about. They can be either great or very annoying, and they do add to the page loading time (though I suppose I can figure a way to lazy load them). I'm more worried about them being an annoyance to other users. Adding an option to disable them is a good step but many users may be unaware this option exists (the majority of users rarely check the settings menu or such).

It's something we'll have to brainstorm later. For now I'm keeping it in the list.

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Plus
I'm more worried about them being an annoyance to other users. Adding an option to disable them is a good step but many users may be unaware this option exists (the majority of users rarely check the settings menu or such).

There might be a rule that bans background songs that are nothing but earrape or troll ones, like doorknocking. Players could report profile with "songs" that fall under these categories.

Also, I suggest a volume bar with its default position being set on the middle (50%), so that all songs played automatically will be quieter, thus less surprising.

Arctic Freeze

Methelin Makes a good point but also I feel like if there was a way that the song wouldnt autoplay like Moat.GGs is supposed to it could also help lower the riskiness of those "troll" songs that people would be bound to play, it would be nice to have that option overall as most people love the option of having some dope ass songs on their forum profile

Methelin Makes a good point but also I feel like if there was a way that the song wouldnt autoplay like Moat.GGs is supposed to it could also help lower the riskiness of those "troll" songs that people would be bound to play, it would be nice to have that option overall as most people love the option of having some dope ass songs on their forum profile
I was thinking the same thing. I would like to see what path this takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.