Denied Frag Fix

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Plus
Howdy there fellow Croissanters.

Today I've got a suggestion for fixing frags, following the most recent balance patch that removed the ability to cook them in hand.

I think this change went in the wrong direction, and instead the change should have been:
Frags can be cooked to a minimum timer of 1.5 seconds in hand or when fired from a nade launcher.

This fixes two problems that people have been complaining about- frags being oppressive and having no counterplay, whether you use a nade launcher or not. This also keeps the skill expression in cooking a frag, but makes it impossible to get an instant explosion, meaning there is still counterplay to someone throwing a frag at you.

Reactions: Mist

salisian

Crescent Plus
Providing fodder for Opal, given the update on the 18th:

* Cooked frags lower explosion radius -- in short, the longer you cook, the more accurate you have to throw (and, on the flip-side, the less warning you have, the less you have to get away from.)

* You can't cook frags, but direct air-impacts on players set them off immediately in a small radius. So it's either a dangerous weapon of selective assassination, or a tool to scatter people.

* Grenade timer is randomly selected between 3-5 seconds when you pull the pin, so cooking is a gamble. I hate this one because I can count off exactly 5 seconds in my head pretty dang well at this point, but... I agree it needs to be nerfed.

* Grenade launcher explosion radius decreases the farther the grenade shoots. No more long-range nukes, more potential for self-damage of launcher user.

* Grenade launcher kickback fires user backwards and damages them based on impacts with walls, etc.

* Grenade launcher has 2-second timer after impact, but is sticky, so it stays exactly where you land it -- maybe even on players.

* Loading a grenade into a grenade launcher causes the launcher to explode in the user's face after 5 seconds if it hasn't been used. No more hiding to reload and re-engage! Commit to having your crutch visible.

* Firing the same grenade twice in a row halves the damage/launcher strength of the second grenade, quarters the third, etc. All that powder ruined the barrel.

Reactions: Sacred and Dolph1n

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Plus
* Cooked frags lower explosion radius -- in short, the longer you cook, the more accurate you have to throw (and, on the flip-side, the less warning you have, the less you have to get away from.)
* Firing the same grenade twice in a row halves the damage/launcher strength of the second grenade, quarters the third, etc. All that powder ruined the barrel.

I like these two.

Sacred

Crescent Plus
Plenty of routes to take here which is always good when it comes to suggestions like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.