Accepted Frag Grenade Nerf

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavlo

Crescent Plus
Well, we all know how the Frag Grenade is. Whether it's a cooked, proper toss or someone clicking their left mouse button with the Grenade Launcher.

So what is there to do? Well, you either nerf the damage or nerf. I propose just doing a damage nerf to it, personally. The Frag Grenade should be able to damage a crowd, not... Absolutely annihilate a four square mile radius. So nerfing damage would allow it to still damage the crowd while also blowing the poor soul who was chosen to be the direct target.

I don't know the direct hammer unit range the Frag has, nor the damage of it. But something that leaves it to killing the person/people it lands directly under and a short bit around that radius would be nice. Make it more of a crowd damager or finisher.

I'd like community input here, not just "nerf radius" but give me a fleshed out explanation of your ideas, too.

yung

WRONG, ok maybe when u shoot it from nade launcher it should do like 1/3 less damage, but a frag by itself takes too long to explode to be op, and when someones cooking one its p obvious to tell they are. plus its rly easy to tell who threw it unless ur dum

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Plus
Make it do 200 damage in the central blast radius, and sharply drop to 50 in the outer radius.

Reactions: Gavlo

Bob

leave it as is, limit spawns to 2 or 3 per map

frag is only dangerous with the nade launcher, you can see people cook them (giving you time to kill them) and hear them land when thrown normally.

when grenade traits come out they could get a damage nerf (depending on what the traits actually are) but right now it's not needed.

Gavlo

Crescent Plus
leave it as is, limit spawns to 2 or 3 per map

frag is only dangerous with the nade launcher, you can see people cook them (giving you time to kill them) and hear them land when thrown normally.

when grenade traits come out they could get a damage nerf (depending on what the traits actually are) but right now it's not needed.

I'd agree with this, but everyone can spawn with one. So I think it should to be balanced around the concept of "everyone has one", rather than RNG spawns on the map.

John_F_Kennedy

Crescent Plus
fun fact bob half the server spawns with a frag grenade now. Cause yknow they are in crates.

Frags are definately a pain and even worse when its coming from a grenade launcher.

i like dolphins idea tbh

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Make it do 200 damage in the central blast radius, and sharply drop to 50 in the outer radius.

Something like this will fix nades in nade launchers etc as they are easy to obtain now.

Maybe not these exact damages but with some nerfing and tweaking should be easily fixed

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Plus
Something like this will fix nades in nade launchers etc as they are easy to obtain now.

Maybe not these exact damages but with some nerfing and tweaking should be easily fixed
Probably 25 or lower in the second blast radius would be better. The whole idea is an instant kill at close proximity, and negligible damage beyond that.

Bob

remove frag grenade from crates and limit spawns to 2-3 per map.

I like the idea of them being map exclusive requiring you to look for one and being powerful instead of a gimped version that everyone can spawn with.

I don't think anyone has dropped a exotic+ version yet so not going to be a better time to remove them from crates. Will also be good for the future as when grenade traits are going to be added frag will probably need even more nerfs.

I'd agree with this, but everyone can spawn with one. So I think it should to be balanced around the concept of "everyone has one", rather than RNG spawns on the map.

fun fact bob half the server spawns with a frag grenade now. Cause yknow they are in crates.

Frags are definately a pain and even worse when its coming from a grenade launcher.

i like dolphins idea tbh

• Dislike
Reactions: Dolph1n

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
I think that grenades from the grenade launcher are by far the most problematic part here. The fact that you barely have to aim and cooking a grenade is a thing of the past makes it a very strong purchase. Even if you only had one grenade it could do just as much damage as a jihad with the added benefit of not killing you in the process.

As suggested above, I think that grenade damage should be lowered but only when fired from a grenade launcher. You should have to aim and manage to get a more direct shot if you want to one-shot a person because as is I can just aim near someone and kill them from full health with a large margin of error on my part. Another alternative would be making the grenade launcher have a pull out sound like the knife giving people a chance to react before they get killed instantaneously from across the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.