Other Fun Round Suggestions

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
Hey all, I've noticed a few things that make fun rounds less fun than they could be and here are my suggestions to fix them in no particular order.
  • Shards per kill for non-winners
  • More shards for winning
  • Add a side challenge for bomb rush called "closest call" for passing the bomb with the shortest fuse and award the 50 shards for it like fewest deaths in gun game
  • If multiple people tie for the "side challenge" all parties should be rewarded
  • Add every melee type to one in the melee -- rock, jackhammer, crescent rose, and keep the crowbar (like headshot wars - everyone would be using the same melee each round)
  • Heal after a kill in Frenzy Freakout - as it stands usually you live with 6 HP after a fire fight and just die to a random stray bullet -- not very fun
  • Make fun rounds happen at minimum once every map or two -- more fun rounds is more fun!
I'm open to hearing what you all have to say about these changes but I don't think that they would be too difficult to implement and would make fun rounds more fun.

Last edited:

Mist

Crescent Plus
+1

Though, the every type of melee in one of the melee, the rock has a delay before actually hitting and ive seen the jackhammer not kill in one hit before, so I say make all crowbar.

Reactions: Torbjörn

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I'd say sure to most but no to some.

The no's would be ; The melee types as mist said, making them all 1 hit makes the jackhammer stupid OP due to its speed, just give everyone the same melee you can randomise it so people can try out all the melees like one round we all have rocks, one round we all have jackhammers etc etc.

Healing after frenzy freakout is a bit of an eh, maybe make it regen half of your hp rather than full i know it it wont make a big difference just seems a bit eh in my mind.

Torb the more fun rounds more fun is your own opinion, more times than not people meme about fun rounds and dislike them all you hear on voice chat "OW YEAH GUYS A FUN ROUND" in a sarcastic voice. Doing at least 1 a map or 2 a map will just make people hate them more.

The other 4 sure if they get changed / added sound good

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
Though, the every type of melee in one of the melee, the rock has a delay before actually hitting and ive seen the jackhammer not kill in one hit before, so I say make all crowbar.
The no's would be ; The melee types as mist said, making them all 1 hit makes the jackhammer stupid OP due to its speed, just give everyone the same melee you can randomise it so people can try out all the melees like one round we all have rocks, one round we all have jackhammers etc etc.
Yeah that wasn’t clear. My idea was give everyone the same melee like how headshot wars does it. Not changing how any of them work in that mode.

Healing after frenzy freakout is a bit of an eh, maybe make it regen half of your hp rather than full i know it it wont make a big difference just seems a bit eh in my mind.
It’s hard to say until we play with it and see it on the server. Idk, I usually just get killed from a stray bullet after killing one or two people. The thing is there are a lot of stray bullets on that mode due to the nature of having infinite ammo.

Doing at least 1 a map or 2 a map will just make people hate them more.
Fun rounds might be more fun if they were more rewarding to participate in. As it stands unless you win you or get most kills (which usually goes to the winner) you get nothing from participating.

Reactions: TheDrunkenMagi

TheDrunkenMagi

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Need a way to punish people for delaying in fun rounds too. Especially since the run time is increased. People be tryharding and taking it slow trying to get that shard payout. I feel that is the main reason people don't like them. Maybe put in a fun round overtime that decreases the shards the winner will get over time (this could lead to griefing though).

A few more suggestions for fun rounds:
1. Add traitor knives to "One in the Melee" for luls.
2. Zombie round. Works like team death match except everyone keeps their models. Survivor team starts with more people, gets working pistols and has to kill all the zombies. Zombie team starts with fewer people, has pistols that can shoot but deal no damage (maybe reduced damage so they're harder to out), and an insta-kill knife. Being killed by a zombie's knife causes you to respawn on zombie team with a knife.
3. Gold Rush. Everyone starts the game with 3 "gold," a crowbar that does no damage but steals 1 gold per hit, and has an aura (like the one you see with the Sonar trait) that grows in intensity the more gold you have. Winner is whoever has the most gold at the end of the round, and whoever had the most gold at any one time will get the second place reward.
4. Pauper Round. Completely normal round except no one starts with pre-equipped equipment. Have to go around the map and find your guns like normal TTT.