Denied Grenade rebalance

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite
Ok so yea everyone knows frags are OP but I think instead of (just) nerfing the frag nades, I think the other nades could be made to be more interesting

Incendiary Grenades: Players hit by fire should be set on fire for 4 seconds (3 dmg of fire dmg per second). Time on fire is refreshed by taking more damage from the incendiary.

Smoke Grenades: Players in the radius of the smoke get slowed down by 40-60%

Frag Grenades: Since I think people like these being strong and not wanting them to become firecrackers, I think you should just make these uncookable. Their "downside" is that they make noise when they hit the ground, but that is entirely nullified by a player cooking the grenade. Players could technically still cheese kills with frags by throwing them with their magneto stick, but I think if someone goes through that much effort for some frag kills, they've deserved them.

Discombs: Idk they're fine i think

Weiss

⚖️ Church of Nemesis ⚖️
Crescent Infinity
+1 100% on frag nerf, something needs to be done. ts will still have nade launcher so they can't complain, but nades overall are just broken

idk about the other things, they do need some more use and reason to use but idk if smoke needs to slow. incen idea is good i think though

Reactions: Jabami

Silly

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite
just reduce spawn rate idk but frags are fun why u remove fun

• Funny
Reactions: MiGGo

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Lite
I feel like the damage falloff needs to be harsher since in their current state silent jihads are almost as good as the normal jihad. I know that the grenade launcher has been nerfed before but it still is rather disgusting to go against. I would propose a smaller lethal blast radius making grenades require more accuracy to kill from full health instantly. (Both thrown grenades and grenades launched from the grenade launcher could use a nerf.)

An alternative nerf for the grenade launcher would be increasing the price or making it have a cooldown longer than the reloading animation between grenades.

Also, I like your idea of making the other grenades more impactful. Currently, incendiary grenades are only really thrown randomly (usually by innocents) and do not serve as much of a deterrent for running through them. Also, like how CS:GO lets smoke extinguish fires would be a great addition giving smoke grenades more utility.

salisian

Crescent Lite
I'm not sure if it's possible to code this in GMod, but Warframe had a mechanic with a few of its projectile launchers wherein the projectile only arms if it goes a certain distance, but after it's traveled that distance, it goes off either once it hits a person, or after it's been sitting on the ground for a given fuse length. In that game, it made the launchers less fun to use, but it might have some benefit here, to encourage grenades to be thrown accurately instead of wildly.

Incens burn bodies.
Direct hits with incens set target on fire as per the flare gun.

Smokes put out bodies that are on fire/cancel incens.
Direct hits with smoke grenades blind target like flashbangs do now.

Discombobs cause gun jams (requires reload before firing.)
Direct hits with discombobs knock weapons out of hands.

Flashbangs cause you to be unable to see the names of people for several seconds instead of full blindness.
Direct hits with flashbangs ... I dunno, keep them from firing because they're rubbing their eyes or something.

Frags do minor damage in a large area.
DIrect hits with frags are sticky bombs. The person becomes a jihad.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite
There's also so many cool things you could do with nades once they're all "good" but not pocket Jihads, like with wepmods that would let you throw them further away, pull the pin faster, cook faster, explosion range etc. Maybe give grenades their own crate at some point.

Reactions: ינשוף (Owl)

Jabami

--
Crescent Lite
Only thing I'd hate about the discom is that then being the meta of spamming discombs, switching to a gun for those easy kills when you cant fight back, I'm sure there's a way it'll work though

salisian

Crescent Lite
Most of my ideas up there were set up to be knocked down, to show that we don't have to be faithful to the Counterstrike grenade meta, and to provide for effects that reward Kobe-ing instead of yeeting.

I like all these ideas from salisian with the exception of hiding names on a direct flash. If people aren't familiar with this they might mistake it for a disguiser.
That would mean that using this item is mimicking a traitor item, and causing confusion like a traitor. Which would make throwing flashbangs traitorous and KOSable. Which would be PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME. People who throw flashes and discombobs without reason should be shot on sight anyways.

(I'm honestly not arguing for the effect itself, just that innos shouldn't constantly be tossing flashbangs into spawn on Innocentmotel.)

• Love
Reactions: Pigeon

Opalium

Stay awesome
Great ideas on paper, but it's just a lot of extra complexity and going around the problem instead of addressing it directly: Frags were (and still are?) too bloody powerful and the rest were underwhelming. The recent hotfix changes are a push in the right direction, and I want to see how these play out before we proceed.

Thanks for suggesting. We'll return to this in the future, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.