Weapon Grenades

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
I feel like grenades should be at least dark blue rarity or something. The way it is right now you just get all the different types really fast. Then when opening crates its kinda ridiculous how common they are and they're always useless once you have all 5. Either this should be done or add more types of grenades for the slot.

Reactions: Silly

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
They used to be tiered nades but it was a glitch, along with comsetics they are common only.

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
They used to be tiered nades but it was a glitch, along with comsetics they are common only.
It just sucks that you always get useless nades. In my opinion they should be higher rarity because there's only 5 of them and you realistically only need to get each one once.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
I think we need more types of nades personally. I just brainstormed a couple of ideas and I think we could see some spicier gameplay from the following:
  1. Freeze grenade - slows people in the radius with direct hits being a 100% slow duration TBD
  2. Black hole grenade - spawns a black hole just like the trait does, could have a different radius if need be.
  3. Gas grenade - would blur vision, make players cough and take damage over time
  4. Shrapnel grenade - would have an initial explosion less than that of a frag but would inflict bleeding damage
  5. Acid vial - kinda like in left 4 dead where a circular area is marked, the effect could be anything really, high damage if you stay in it is what I would propose. Could even be made a T weapon and have zombies spawn, and they are attracted to players that were affected by the nade?
  6. Glue nade - direct hit would slow players and would also leave a residual area of slowing (could last for a decent amount of time) anyone that walks in it
  7. Laughing gas - players in the gas laugh and cannot shoot normally and instead will occasionally laugh really hard (think a witch's cackle) and just randomly discharge their weapon. (Damage could be credited to nade thrower to discourage RDM)
  8. Bird nade - a swarm of bird NPCs flock in and peck nearby players
I could keep on going but you get the point, there are many ways to add more types. Some may ideas are a bit ambitious but I don't see why they couldn't be added.

Edited for clarity since I did repeat myself lol

Last edited:

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
I think we need more types of nades personally. A freeze nade that slows (instead of freezing solid), black hole, and gas (damage over time and blurry vision) are a few that come to mind. The first two shouldn't be that hard in my opinion and the third one probably isn't that difficult to make either. Spicier gameplay would come from these.
  1. Freeze grenade - slows people in the radius with direct hits being a 100% slow duration TBD
  2. Black hole grenade - spawns a black hole just like the trait does, could have a different radius if need be.
  3. Gas grenade - would blur vision, make players cough and take damage over time
  4. Shrapnel grenade - would have an initial explosion less than that of a frag but would inflict bleeding damage
  5. Acid vial - kinda like in left 4 dead where a circular area is marked, the effect could be anything really, high damage if you stay in it is what I would propose. Could even be made a T weapon and have zombies spawn, and they are attracted to players that were affected by the nade?
  6. Glue nade - direct hit would slow players and would also leave a residual area of slowing (could last for a decent amount of time) anyone that walks in it
  7. Laughing gas - players in the gas laugh and cannot shoot normally and instead will occasionally laugh really hard (think a witch's cackle) and just randomly discharge their weapon. (Damage could be credited to nade thrower to discourage RDM)
  8. Bird nade - a swarm of bird NPCs flock in and peck nearby players
I could keep on going but you get the point, there are many ways to add more types. Some may ideas are a bit ambitious but I don't see why they couldn't be added.
Great ideas here, another thing could be a cluster grenade with an initial explosion that does low damage which releases some (maybe three) small and weak frag grenades.

Reactions: Torbjörn

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I mean i wouldnt mind more nades being added for more variation, i wanted to keep the easter eggs in the game but no one else did :(

Reactions: Demon

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
I mean i wouldnt mind more nades being added for more variation, i wanted to keep the easter eggs in the game but no one else did :(
I wanted to keep them, the thing is a lot of people found them to be just troll and OP. The detective heal grenade is basically a reskin of the Easter one. I posted a couple of ideas some are a bit out there but I think that they are feasible in terms of being able to be created in gMod.

TheSpookenDoot

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
  1. Freeze grenade - Chronoshift trolls gonna chronoshift troll
  2. Black hole grenade - Black hole trolls gonna black hole troll
  3. Gas grenade - This is effectively the same as an incendiary
  4. Shrapnel grenade - Could be good, damage will need to be fine tuned so Frags aren't made obsolete
  5. Acid vial - Unless you do the zombie thing, it's effectively the same as an incendiary
  6. Glue nade - Chronoshift trolls gonna chronoshift troll
  7. Laughing gas - Will put strain on the staff to enforce it to the point people won't RDM with it
  8. Bird nade - Sounds like the BEES t-weapon on custom roles servers

Not saying they're all necessarily nos from me, just pointing out the problems with each one.
No sticky insta-kill grenades?

Adding to the list:
9. Sonar Grenade - Gives sight aura of players in the vicinity, like the sonar trait, but stays in place for a good like 15 seconds or so

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
  1. Freeze grenade - Chronoshift trolls gonna chronoshift troll
  2. Black hole grenade - Black hole trolls gonna black hole troll
  3. Gas grenade - This is effectively the same as an incendiary
  4. Shrapnel grenade - Could be good, damage will need to be fine tuned so Frags aren't made obsolete
  5. Acid vial - Unless you do the zombie thing, it's effectively the same as an incendiary
  6. Glue nade - Chronoshift trolls gonna chronoshift troll
  7. Laughing gas - Will put strain on the staff to enforce it to the point people won't RDM with it
  8. Bird nade - Sounds like the BEES t-weapon on custom roles servers

Not saying they're all necessarily nos from me, just pointing out the problems with each one.
No sticky insta-kill grenades?

Adding to the list:
9. Sonar Grenade - Gives sight aura of players in the vicinity, like the sonar trait, but stays in place for a good like 15 seconds or so
Sounds great, just some ideas but maybe also the semtex, thermite, stun, and decoy grenades from COD.

Also, it would be a cool little feature if traitors could set tripwires with their grenades. Maybe something like as a traitor you spawn with a piece of string or something which you can use with a grenade to set it as a tripwire which would act similar to the bouncing betty except with the grenade's effect as well as having a different visual and instead of avoiding it by crouching you can avoid it by jumping over it.

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
Sounds great, just some ideas but maybe also the semtex, thermite, stun, and decoy grenades from COD.

Also, it would be a cool little feature if traitors could set tripwires with their grenades. Maybe something like as a traitor you spawn with a piece of string or something which you can use with a grenade to set it as a tripwire which would act similar to the bouncing betty except with the grenade's effect as well as having a different visual and instead of avoiding it by crouching you can avoid it by jumping over it.
You know the bouncing betty lets you right-click to use the grenade in your slot four, right?

Also, just because there is some overlap with the exising grenades doesn't mean we couldn't have both. The gas could obscure vision more and be more punishing to stand in with damage that stops the second you leave.

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
You know the bouncing betty lets you right-click to use the grenade in your slot four, right?

Also, just because there is some overlap with the exising grenades doesn't mean we couldn't have both. The gas could obscure vision more and be more punishing to stand in with damage that stops the second you leave.
To make the smoke grenade worth it, the gas grenade should obscure vision less but as the tradeoff do damage. Maybe it's just the same gas as the smoke grenade but a larger radius, greenish coloration, and like only 0.5 or 0.75 opacity (and it would damage you). It could maybe do something like 5-10 damage a second

TheSpookenDoot

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
Gas Grenades and/or Acid Vials could have the neurotoxin antidote affect, where you start healing it back once you're no longer taking damage. The Bird Nade could work like the leeches from the Hive Hand hl2 weapon. Do some damage to nearby enemies and then fly back to the user healing them a small amount.

Could also add in Snarks as a grenade. The little bug guys that run to the nearest person, even yourself, and explode after being thrown.

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
Gas Grenades and/or Acid Vials could have the neurotoxin antidote affect, where you start healing it back once you're no longer taking damage. The Bird Nade could work like the leeches from the Hive Hand hl2 weapon. Do some damage to nearby enemies and then fly back to the user healing them a small amount.

Could also add in Snarks as a grenade. The little bug guys that run to the nearest person, even yourself, and explode after being thrown.
Maybe instead of a bird nade it could just be the beenade from terraria. It's basically the same thing but different flavor and it would be easier to do cuz they'd already have a model to work off of.1600805067630.png

TheSpookenDoot

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
Maybe instead of a bird nade it could just be the beenade from terraria. It's basically the same thing but different flavor and it would be easier to do cuz they'd already have a model to work off of.

I think the bird nade is supposed to be a shoutout to the bird people to garner their support. Like naming a warship after a state/province.