Weapon Healing Item for Traitors

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Baker

Dazed & Confused
Crescent Plus
In some other TTT servers I've played, the T's could purchase a single use item that would let them heal. For example, I've seen the sandvich from TF2 used where a T could use it and restore their HP while giving off a very loud and obvious "om nom nom" noise, or alternatively they could drop it and let a buddy pick it up and eat it. I also thought about maybe giving T's the healing vial that the detectives can purchase, but putting a limit on it so they can't spam it since T's can get way more credits that detectives. I'd like to know if this kinda thing would be balanced or not based on how CTTT plays compared to other TTT servers.

Reactions: Demon

TheSpookenDoot

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
I think CTTT doesn't want Traitors to be able to heal. Cannibalism is a pretty normal T-item on other servers that lets them heal from eating corpses, meaning they have to kill to heal. It's also very audible iirc.

Baker

Dazed & Confused
Crescent Plus
I think CTTT doesn't want Traitors to be able to heal. Cannibalism is a pretty normal T-item on other servers that lets them heal from eating corpses, meaning they have to kill to heal. It's also very audible iirc.
Yeah, I liked cannibalism on other servers and how it forces you to kill or at least find a dead body to heal, as well as making yourself obvious with the loud eating noise. I've always felt kind of at a disadvantage when I'm below 50 hp and there's like 4+ innos camping on top of a health station waiting for me to poke my head out. Of course T's are usually at a disadvantage anyway given the ratio of T's to inno's, but if I was able to heal myself I'd have a little bit of a better chance at fighting them. However like I said idk how it would work with CTTT.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
Traitor healing has been a topic of discussion on and off since launch.I'll post the bulk of what's been discussed so far. We ultimately decided not to add it, but it's been a while since then, and the balance has changed quite a bit, so I'd be open to hearing the community's current thoughts on it.

Old Discussion

Baker

Dazed & Confused
Crescent Plus
Traitor healing has been a topic of discussion on and off since launch.I'll post the bulk of what's been discussed so far. We ultimately decided not to add it, but it's been a while since then, and the balance has changed quite a bit, so I'd be open to hearing the community's current thoughts on it.

Old Discussion
Thanks for posting that, I wanted to know what people thought about if T's were given the ability to heal and that thread gives some insight into why it could have its ups and downs. I saw it before making this post but I couldn't reply to it since it was a year old forum thread, so i figured I'd start my own and maybe get some discussion going. I'm not sure what CTTT was like a year ago, as I've only been playing since late July/early August, but I'd like to know how T healing could work in CTTT's current form. Like i said in my initial post, it would obviously have to be limited in some form since T's have the ability to earn more credits that detectives, and I thought giving them the healing vial but limiting it's number of purchases wasn't a bad concept. I also saw a suggestion in that older thread about a medkit that would reward teamwork by making it heal buddies for more HP and heal the user for less.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
I personally stand by my previous opinion. I feel like I'm the current meta, it isn't hard to break even as a T in terms of kills per round. I feel like adding healing as a t item just promotes the idea of one person carrying the traitors, which isn't supposed to happen. If one traitor does really well while the others die with zero kills, the traitors don't deserve to win there.

If you play aggressively and want that healing, you have that option in two forms:
1. deceiving detectives into healing you
2. using a gun with leech
I feel like adding t healing just makes leech mostly pointless, and the point of traits on guns is to make builds that support your playstyle.

That said, I'm not completely opposed to t healing. I personally find the healing vial to be super underwhelming, so I don't think the right way to do it would be to just give a tiny amount of healing. What I would propose is adding a modified rejuvenator to the traitor shop. Same healing values, but only 3 shots. It encourages the traitors to work together, and if that's done successfully, I think the healing is deserved.

This solution would have other consequences. Either the traitor rejuvenator would need to be recolored, or the rejuvenator would need to be made kosable, despite being a d item, like the teleporter. I personally lean towards the latter. I'm open to other ideas though, this was just a small thought.

Baker

Dazed & Confused
Crescent Plus
I personally stand by my previous opinion. I feel like I'm the current meta, it isn't hard to break even as a T in terms of kills per round. I feel like adding healing as a t item just promotes the idea of one person carrying the traitors, which isn't supposed to happen. If one traitor does really well while the others die with zero kills, the traitors don't deserve to win there.

If you play aggressively and want that healing, you have that option in two forms:
1. deceiving detectives into healing you
2. using a gun with leech
I feel like adding t healing just makes leech mostly pointless, and the point of traits on guns is to make builds that support your playstyle.

That said, I'm not completely opposed to t healing. I personally find the healing vial to be super underwhelming, so I don't think the right way to do it would be to just give a tiny amount of healing. What I would propose is adding a modified rejuvenator to the traitor shop. Same healing values, but only 3 shots. It encourages the traitors to work together, and if that's done successfully, I think the healing is deserved.

This solution would have other consequences. Either the traitor rejuvenator would need to be recolored, or the rejuvenator would need to be made kosable, despite being a d item, like the teleporter. I personally lean towards the latter. I'm open to other ideas though, this was just a small thought.
I think deceiving a detective is a perfectly fine idea, if leech isn't available to someone or they don't want to use it they could deceive the detective for some healing. I still would like it if T's had the ability for healing if leech or a detective wasn't an option for them, though. However, I can potentially see a problem if each T was able to purchase a healing item they'd have a nice source of healing for themselves. As you said, there would have to be some limitations on the items, like limiting a rejuvenator to only having 3 shots. Also, I think maybe if only one T (or two potentially if there are 5+ of them) on the team was able to purchase healing items and be the team medic or something like that could work. It would reward T's for working together and all that jazz. In any case, I'm supportive of giving the T's their own source of healing, but I can understand why it wouldn't work out.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I have had T rounds where I'm like, yeah I really wish I could just heal. However, more often than not I'm able to either trick a detective into healing me or just altering my play style if I am low on health. I personally don't think that T healing would be needed.

If we were to add T healing I would want it to be from death stations where if an innocent approaches it looking for healing they would kill everyone in the vicinity.

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Infinity
I stand by what I said in the old discussion; T healing should be very limited and or risky. A single use melee weapon that deals X damage and heals the same amount is fine by me. Passive healing, i.e. being able to heal without any risk (like death station healing), I don't like.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I agree with all of you, however ill shove my opinion in now days don't think i did last time.

Healing with a deathstation will become stupid OP you can hide it somewhere get free healing etc, adding the healing nade like we have for det's could work as it doesn't heal that much towards you but its something.

However with the TTK and the meta, you can easily get traits to give you mad advantages you just need to know how and when to use them and you could deceive a detective quite easy happens all the time.

Torbjörn

Crescent Plus
T healing from death stations just means that people place death stations in t rooms. It's way too overpowered
True but we could do what some servers do and define "t room areas" and the server could stop the traitors from placing it inside the traitor room. I know it might take a bit of work but it could be a potential solution.

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Infinity
True but we could do what some servers do and define "t room areas" and the server could stop the traitors from placing it inside the traitor room. I know it might take a bit of work but it could be a potential solution.
And then they push it inside (which imo is a valid tactic for a poorly placed health station).

For the practical and simple reason that passive/safe healing ultimately just causes round delays: it needs to be risky. I like the idea of a one-time buy lifesapper that does like 50 damage and heals you for 50. That's comfy. But something like a healing deathstation or whatever, ntyvm.

Reactions: Emily❤️

Torbjörn

Crescent Plus
And then they push it inside (which imo is a valid tactic for a poorly placed health station).

For the practical and simple reason that passive/safe healing ultimately just causes round delays: it needs to be risky. I like the idea of a one-time buy lifesapper that does like 50 damage and heals you for 50. That's comfy. But something like a healing deathstation or whatever, ntyvm.
I can see that. How about a giant leech that we can throw at someone and it attaches to their face. (Or a head crab could suffice with some modifications.) I'd love to see people yeet a head crab or have a launcher that shoots head crabs that heal.

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Yeah, I liked cannibalism on other servers and how it forces you to kill or at least find a dead body to heal, as well as making yourself obvious with the loud eating noise. I've always felt kind of at a disadvantage when I'm below 50 hp and there's like 4+ innos camping on top of a health station waiting for me to poke my head out. Of course T's are usually at a disadvantage anyway given the ratio of T's to inno's, but if I was able to heal myself I'd have a little bit of a better chance at fighting them. However like I said idk how it would work with CTTT.
If we don't want a healing item maybe something like a rocket launcher (as a T weapon) could be added so you have a chance if you're the last T and there's lots of innos grouped together.

TheSpookenDoot

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
So looking through the posts it looks like we want something that won't make the T overpowered when it's them left with a few inos (like 1v2s or 1v3s), but will help a T out when it's them vs many (those 1v9s you get constantly left with when Slick is your T-mate).

Maybe let Ts heal with death station but its max charges are proportional to the amount of players still alive (like 10 charges for every non-T still alive up to max 200)? This will have the added benefit of making death stations a little bit harder to detect.

Last edited:

Baker

Dazed & Confused
Crescent Plus
If we don't want a healing item maybe something like a rocket launcher (as a T weapon) could be added so you have a chance if you're the last T and there's lots of innos grouped together.
We already have the grenade launcher and the gauss rifle that I feel are in the T's roster for that purpose. Although in my experience the grenade launcher tends to be inconsistent since it sometimes does next to nothing when I shoot someone with it, and then I'll need to run around the map looking for another frag or incendiary grenade to use it again.

McLovin

Crescent Plus
+1

I can't count how many T rounds I've lost because I just get outnumbered and overwhelmed with damage over time. If I had ticking health restoration or something, I feel like I'd have a much better chance against the inno's and D's who get health stations AND rejuvenators.