Accepted High Caliber (new mod)

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
High Caliber - Power mod

rank 1:
+10% damage
-20% reload speed
-20% magazine size

rank 2:
+15% damage
-20% reload speed
-35% magazine size

rank 3:
+20% damage
-20% reload speed
-50% magazine size.

The reasoning behind this is mainly that I want a non-situational power mod alternative to destruction. This is a flat dps increase, but also makes missing your shots significantly more punishing. Especially at higher ranks, it becomes increasingly unforgiving to miss shots in a gunfight, meaning that although it's a direct dps increase, you actually have to think more about getting into a gunfight. These numbers are not final.

Slyncx

Crescent Plus
+1 sounds like a good idea but I think there should be a few weapons where this mod shouldn't be allowed, for example, the LMG, with the LMG you can just put ext mags on it with this mod and it would be insanely powerful plus -20% reload speed isn't that big of a deal when you have 100 plus rounds to fire.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
Good point. I had snipers, smgs, and ars in mind when I came up with this. Would definitely be too strong on on the huge.

OfficerBuddycat

the mag nerf seems a little OP for only 20 percent extra, I'd say give it 30% as max and its a done deal

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
You'd think so, but the 10% between 20 and 30 is a huge difference. The mag numbers are steep because I want to err on the side of caution here. This would be an unconditional dps increase, and if the drawback is too insignificant, there'd be almost no reason to use anything else.

OfficerBuddycat

You'd think so, but the 10% between 20 and 30 is a huge difference. The mag numbers are steep because I want to err on the side of caution here. This would be an unconditional dps increase, and if the drawback is too insignificant, there'd be almost no reason to use anything else.
IDK, rumble seems pretty good for most full auto guns, I cant see how I would use this over rumble if it's 20%

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
the same reason you'd run an ssg over an awp, or a deagle over an r8. Rapid fire or switcheroo is pretty popular for snipers, and destruction interferes with that playstyle.

Reactions: OfficerBuddycat

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity

Thanks for suggesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.