Denied Incentivize Rating a Map

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
It's hard to tell if a map is actually enjoyed or not if it is not rated enough at the end of a map cycle. My idea is to reward players the first time they rate a map, so we have a larger sample size on whether a map should stay. Currently, people only really vote if it's their favorite map or if they have a really negative experience which doesn't really help. Another rating such as "meh" could also be added if you're neutral on a map.

TL;DR: reward players for rating a map.

Jabami

--
Crescent Plus
This, a lot of the time ratings dont matter, as Torb saib. I've disliked maps like Innomotel, Cradle etc because I don't find it fun to repeatadly play it over and over, while maps that I enjoy such as Intergalactic, Datmap I've voted like but still dont get voted on despite having a lot of likes too from others.

Rewarding could be nice, but sadly I don't think it'll help with people voting their favourite map, they'll vote on every map that gets played just to be rewarded for it

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
I don't think that's a good idea. It would encourage people to just randomly rate every map they're in rather than actually choose what they feel about it. Players don't really give much thought to their actions if all their up for is the prize.

Currently, people only really vote if it's their favorite map or if they have a really negative experience
Which is fine. There's no need to always vote, and it's better to not vote than just randomly choose an option and skew the results. I personally still haven't voted on some maps because I don't feel like I can decide on them yet. The option is always available.

I've disliked maps like Innomotel, Cradle etc because I don't find it fun to repeatadly play it over and over
Because at the end of the day, these are really popular maps that the majority of players enjoy. This is the voting system working as intended - based on what the majority prefer. Yes, we have the cooldown and ratio limits to make sure less known maps still show up - but forcing them on people who clearly don't want them is just going to drive them away. If a map gets constantly picked, it means the vast majority of players like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.