Other Leech number change

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Which change?

• 50% healing when activated

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Passive chance to heal 8 hp per second for 3 seconds when you shoot someone (like bleed)

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Activate to heal 25 and change the cooldown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't change it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Infinity
The buff was a step in the right direction, but its still really underwhelming.

If have leech heal 25% per shot, that means that most guns will heal less than 25 hp per kill if the trait is timed well. Now I know that we're apprehensive about alternate ways to heal, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to change that to 50%. That means that assuming everything aligned; trait was timed correctly, you got a full kill within 5 seconds, and you're using a gun that doesn't do more than 20 damage per shot, you would still almost never heal more than 50 hp.

Worst case scenario, leech becomes op for a bit and gets reigned in later. Right now its super underwhelming though, because you usually only get 5-15 hp per kill, and rarely more than one kill per activation.

Two other suggestions I just thought of:

I heard a suggestion from someone a while back to make it like bleed, where dealing damage has a 50% chance to heal yourself for 8 per second for 3 seconds. Considering you have to shoot someone to do this, it might be that op.

Or,

Change the cooldown from 30 seconds to 45 or 60 seconds, and change it to "Activate this trait to heal 25 hp ." And maybe rename it to medicinal or something.

Last edited:

salisian

Crescent Lite
I feel like the passive heal over time would be less potentially overpowered in an actual firefight, which makes it a strategic buff, rather than a tactical one. The problem is, that might need a damage gate to avoid the person's just hiding in the T room and pecking at people's shins forever.

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Lite
No option for "none of the above" smh. Leech is poop if you go for headshots, since it's capped at 10 hp per shot, which leads to the issue that you pointed out of only getting around 5-15 hp per use. You only get gud healing if you shoot the torso, which leaves you more exposed to counter attacks due to higher time to kill. Yay.

I think something that'd give you what you're looking for without any huge changes is reverting it back to a cap of 20 hp per shot, which should give you around 20-25 hp (assuming 1 body shot + 1 lethal head shot) per kill. A pretty big dick buff, without having to change around the trait's actual function, like heal% or making it passive, etc.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Infinity
The problem with that is that it still does very little. That would make it easier to heal 25 hp per activation, which doesn't make much of a difference. It would also not impact the low damage high fire rate guns at all, which don't exceed 40 damage per headshot anyway. Stuff like the huge, mac, p90 can already consistently heal 25 per activation but are still pretty underwhelming despite that.

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Lite
The problem with that is that it still does very little. That would make it easier to heal 25 hp per activation, which doesn't make much of a difference. It would also not impact the low damage high fire rate guns at all, which don't exceed 40 damage per headshot anyway. Stuff like the huge, mac, p90 can already consistently heal 25 per activation but are still pretty underwhelming despite that.
The question really is, what's enough - based on an average activation. What'd be the sweet spot for healing in your opinion? 'cause of the proposed changes, the thing I'd agree most to is increasing the heal to 50% but keeping the cap at 10 per shot.
The downside to which being that slow-firing high damage weapons (Deagle, AWP, etc.) would feel really bad when compared to an AR or other high-fire rate weapon.

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Lite
Personally, I think the 8hp/s is the best way to go- with a small change. Make it so subsequent hits increase the duration of the healing buff by 0.5 seconds or 1 second.

And another suggestion I have is to also give it an active which replaces the passive 8hp/sec healing with an efficiency-esque active; make the next 33% of your mag heal for 25% of the damage dealt.

Reactions: Zyp