Denied Legendary Effect Re-roller

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest

Crescent Infinity
Suggestion for an item in the CC shop - an effect reroller for legendary weapons. At the moment, we only have three effects, but I imagine more will be added in the future. Additionally, getting a legendary weapon has such a low drop chance that having an effect that you dislike makes changing it almost impossible.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Lite
+1
I definitely would want the option of changing a legendary kill effect if I drop a legendary. This should definitely be added if new effects get added so older drops have a chance of getting the newer effects.

Reactions: Harvest

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Infinity
At what point do we have too many reforgers though? Is it healthy that "rare" effects become super common, since people can just pay money to get what they want? I get why we have reforgers on traits, because they actually have a function on the weapon. Special effects though are just cosmetic, I don't think you should be able to reroll them.

UncleBee

Hardcore Member
Crescent Lite
-1 basically what miggo said, i get yall want your gun in a specific way, but getting that so easily ruins its value

Harvest

Crescent Infinity
The difficult bit to me is getting the legendary in the first place - drop rates from crafted crates are almost impossible, so it comes down to getting lucky on weekly or monthly crates. Giving people a way to choose the cosmetic effect doesn't seem like a gamebreaker to me - it makes no difference to the gameplay at the end of the day, so why not let people choose what they prefer?

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Infinity
Because I feel like the people that buy stuff from the store to make the stuff they want are the minority, while the people that unbox crates and just play the game are the majority. I would imagine that a person that unboxes a Legendary Weapon with (Desirable effect x) and (Desirable trait x) won't feel as happy about his luck, once he realizes that the 1% of people that pay money, are simply able to buy what he just got. It would just dull down the sight of seeing a rare weapon with a cool effect by a lot.

Reactions: UncleBee

Opalium

Stay awesome
Not going to happen, I'm afraid. As the others said, half the value of these effects is in their rarity. To be able to pay to work your way towards a specific one is going to take out a lot of the value in them. The fact they are purely cosmetic makes it even more important to defend their value - otherwise they would just be overall useless since they provide nothing but eye candy.

Effects are meant to be rare and prestigious. A re-roller will just take the air out of it.
Thanks for suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.