Denied Legendary weapon effect improvements

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Give each legendary effect a 1-minute cooldown ability to make the legendary gun and effect feel more meaningful, special as that's all that differentiates legendary guns from exotic versions.

This ability probably should be with the same base across all legendary effects to make it easier to apply to each existing and upcoming effect.

The abilities work in a circle around the user:

1. Gold effect
Turn all bodies in the user's area of effect into solidified gold bodies like it does if the user kills someone but this would make it so it's more usable during rounds when you're not the traitor

2. Freezing effect
Pretty much the same as the gold effect but instead applies the freezing effect all bodies in the user's area of effect, temporarily freezing them

3. Rainbow tracers
Works in an area around the user same as before, releases particles in a rainbow type color scheme around the user.

All of these don't sound particularly performance intensive and having a consistent base should make it easy to include for future effects. I think it's the best solution to give legendary guns more uniqueness without disrupting game balance or making them too obnoxious.

Last edited:

FrostedBlade

Crescent Plus
I feel that these suggestions are overpowered 😲.

Turn all bodies in the user's area of effect into solidified gold bodies
This is basically another Weapon Trait, and a pretty overpowered one at that. If you're a Traitor you can literally ensnare everyone in the area of effect and kill at least 2-3 people before they can move again. If you're Innocent/Detective, you can essentially activate this as soon as you are being attacked close-range and instantly thwart any attacker. This definitely would change the game balance.

applies the freezing effect when you'd kill someone to all bodies in the user's area of effect
Same as above. Pretty overpowered in my opinion.

I'm not trying to hate on your suggestion. If they were cosmetic, it could be cool. Like adding frost/gold/rainbow particles to the people around you when you activate it. Purely cosmetic though with no effects, and it would fade over time.

Bob

I feel that these suggestions are overpowered 😲.

This is basically another Weapon Trait, and a pretty overpowered one at that. If you're a Traitor you can literally ensnare everyone in the area of effect and kill at least 2-3 people before they can move again. If you're Innocent/Detective, you can essentially activate this as soon as you are being attacked close-range and instantly thwart any attacker. This definitely would change the game balance.

Same as above. Pretty overpowered in my opinion.

I'm not trying to hate on your suggestion. If they were cosmetic, it could be cool. Like adding frost/gold/rainbow particles to the people around you when you activate it. Purely cosmetic though with no effects, and it would fade over time.

I think you've misread, purely cosmetic is exactly what I'm suggesting as I said bodies and not actually living people walking around that are getting affected by the ability.

FrostedBlade

Crescent Plus
I think you've misread, purely cosmetic is exactly what I'm suggesting as I said bodies and not actually living people walking around that are getting affected by the ability.
Oh, yes, I missed that, sorry! 😛 :whistle:

Reactions: Bob

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I could see why you would want this added. However, I think if this ever were added it should be very low priority for the developers. In my opinion there are too many other things that need to get fixed or added before adding more to the existing cosmetic effects for legendary weapons.

FrostedBlade

Crescent Plus
I would like to request that the frostbite effect remained after a kill, similar to how gold touch works. When you kill someone with gold touch, their body turns to solid gold and remains that way. I think it would be cool if when someone is killed by frostbite, their body remained frozen solid, instead of it shattering after a few seconds.

Please 😊

FrostedBlade

Crescent Plus
Bumping this. Opal, please make frostbite people stay frozen solid like gold touch 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.