Denied Legendary Weapons Discussion

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Do you think changes could be made to Legendaries?

• Yes, the current state of Legendaries can use some work

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, I am fine with how they are right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
This will be a discussion and not a suggestion. I want to hear the opinion of other people because I could honestly fall either way when it comes to this topic.

I feel that some changes could potentially be made for the Legendary weapons. Let's first compare the stats of Exotics and Legendaries.

LegendaryExotic
4 mod slots ✅4 mod slots ✅
Random TraitRandom Trait
7,500 Shards Scrap Value ✅1,000 Shards Scrap Value ✅
Legendary Effect
One last thing to mention about the two tiers above is their comparable drop rate from crates. Legendary is obviously a lot more rare to get from a crate than an Exotic, and rightly so. Legendaries are supposed to feel...well...Legendary.

Here is what I think at the moment:

Change the scrap value of Legendaries to make them more comparable to Exotics (because they are already comparable, stat-wise) from 7,500 Shards to, say, 3,500 Shards. Leave the drop rate untouched, this will prevent the market from flooding with Legendaries. I think that this price point will not only make them more affordable for trading but also encourage people to use them more. At the moment, it feels like the community is split on using Legendaries or not because of the effect. Not a lot of people have them (which is what makes them sought after and "legendary"), so people are in a toss-up as to whether to use them or not because of the Legendary Effect. If you start seeing a bunch of dead bodies turned to gold and there is only one player on the server with a Legendary "gold touch" effect, people basically KNOW that player is a Traitor and just follow them around until they witness them commit a Traitorous Act. In other cases, players simply don't care and they will KOS them anyway or say something like, "Helix is a Traitor for sure, but no KOS" which is a whole 'nother issue in itself.

I'm not asking to change the drop-rates of the Legendaries or to make them more common. I just think that 6,500 Shards is a little much of an increase for just the Legendary Effect. Quite frankly, I feel that people would rather scrap the Legendaries or use the trade value to obtain other guns without the Legendary Effect, which in turn would prevent the Legendary weapon-to-player ratio from evening out. I think that lowering the Shard value of the Legendaries would make players think twice before scrapping them, and as time went on, maybe more people would have them and it would be less of an issue to use it in-game.

On the other hand, I understand that Legendaries are supposed to be rare, so I'm fine with keeping them at their current value as well. It will just take a decent amount of time to start seeing them being utilized by multiple people in-game.

What do you all think? Post it below. Please keep in mind that this is a discussion and not a suggestion, so no dislikes are needed (although I'm certain I will get some ._. ).

MiGGo @MiGGo Gavlo @Gavlo Bob @Bob Pigeon @Pigeon helix @helix Siddo @Siddo

Reactions: Zyp

Bob

I think it's kinda a bit late to lower the value of legendaries by such a huge amount when multiple people have already dropped most of there inventory just to get one from another player.

The issue of people recognizing the effect and suspecting a player is one that exists yes, but changing the value won't fix it and I don't think people actually don't use legendaries just because of this effect and the negatives it might bring as it still is a legendary the rarest weapon tier.

What could fix the issue is a rule being implemented if it doesn't exist already as it's pretty much the same as kosing or suspecting someone based on a model.

I wouldn't say that due to these issues legendaries would flood the market and everyone would sell them as so far it clearly isn't the case, if people want to buy one they have to offer pretty big overpay as everyone wants one and the seller rarely wants to sell.

If anything they should become more unique and get a special cosmetic only ability which I suggested already (https://crescent.gg/threads/legendary-weapon-effect-improvements.642/) because right now they don't feel special enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
Thanks for your feedback, Bob 😄

I think it's kinda a bit late to lower the value of legendaries by such a huge amount when multiple people have already dropped most of there inventory just to get one from another player.
True, it's a little late to change the amount now. I was thinking that if it was decided to change the value, that the existing Legendaries wouldnt have their value lowered. However, I didn't consider that would screw up the market as then you'd have Legendaries with two different worths...so yeah I agree, it is a bad idea to change the value now that I think about it more.

I don't think people actually don't use legendaries just because of this effect and the negatives it might bring as it still is a legendary the rarest weapon tier.
Actually, there are a few people that I know of that DO own Legendaries and they don't use them because of this. There have also been people in discord saying that they would never use a Legendary over an Exotic because of the Legendary Effect.

The issue of people recognizing the effect and suspecting a player is one that exists yes, but changing the value won't fix it
My line of thought was that if the value was lowered, it may prevent those players who don't want to use the weapon because of the effect from scrapping the weapon, and instead, trade the weapon and thus keeping it in circulation. Again, you're right, its probably a bad idea to lower the value of Legendaries. I'm just explaining what my thought process was.

What could fix the issue is a rule being implemented if it doesn't exist already as it's pretty much the same as kosing or suspecting someone based on a model.
This rule does exist, but sadly some players don't recognize it. It's understandable that people don't recognize it because of common-sense and logic as well. I mean if there are only one to two players on the server with a Legendary, people are immediately going to suspect that one, if not both of those players Traitors once they start seeing the affected bodies. Yes, this is wrong to do because anyone can pick up that weapon and use it. Sadly though, I have seen the owners of a Legendary get KOS'ed because of this all too often.

Last edited:

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Lite
I generally agree with Bob's idea.
Rather than subtract from its value, justify it by making legendaries have more (cosmetic) qualities that set them apart from exotic tier weapons. What those cosmetic qualities should be, I don't have any great ideas at the moment, but I'm sure there are brighter stars than me in this constellation.

Zyp

Veteran Member
There is technically, it still doesnt stop someone being like "follow so and so, high suspicion, a lot of gold touch bodies and he has a gold touch weapon"

Or "I saw rainbow tracers, go follow so and so, he has a legendary rn"

If anything the cosmetic effects devalue the weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.