Other lessen flashbang effect or just delete completely

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Sign Up

ollie

haphazard brilliance
Crescent Infinity
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
27
am i the only one who finds flashbangs to be complete cancer?

i've only ever seen someone actually use them to kill people a handful of times. otherwise they just get spammed and it make my head go ow
 
  • Like
Reactions: Demon and Siddo

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Infinity
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
263
Flashbang big gay
smol pp
pea brain

There's no real objective to push where the flashbang becomes viable tactically. 95-99% of the time, it's just used because why the fuck not, usually by innos. And maybe a traitor makes use of that, maybe they don't. But it's incredibly rare that a player uses a flashbang to set up a play, it's just a bad meme.
+1, unless Opal gives me a legendary stattrak flash that applies eggcited to all players hit.
 
  • Funny
  • Like
Reactions: Demon and ollie

TheDrunkenMagi

Hardcore Member
Crescent Plus
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
252
But it's incredibly rare that a player uses a flashbang to set up a play, it's just a bad meme.
That could be said of every grenade in the game. Smokes are pretty much useless. I agree though, all grenades need a second look at (except maybe discombobulator). I think people spam grenades less on maps that don't have everyone spawn together (that fix would need a map overhaul though), and I think people would be less likely to grenade spam if we didn't spawn in holding one whenever one is equipped to our loadout.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Demon

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
Joined
Aug 22, 2020
Messages
154
some sort of cluster grenade might be cool, but yeah i feel like flash grenades should just have less duration cuz it feels like they effect you forever
 
  • Like
Reactions: ollie

TheDrunkenMagi

Hardcore Member
Crescent Plus
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
252
some sort of cluster grenade might be cool, but yeah i feel like flash grenades should just have less duration cuz it feels like they effect you forever
Maybe a buff that makes you immune to flashbangs for a little while that you get after getting flashbanged? Or a temporary stacking buff that reduces the acting effect range based on the amount of acting effect that you suffered? Like you get hit by 3 flashbangs: the first one only has a 10% effect on you (a little sound dampening and minor screen distortion) because you were far away from it; the second is pretty close and has 75% effect but this gets reduced to 65% because you just suffered 10%; the third is full on at your feet because you were stumbling around and walked into it, 100% effect, but it gets reduced all the way down to 25%, because you suffered 10% and then 65% totalling for a 75% reduction in effect.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Demon

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
Joined
Aug 11, 2019
Messages
520
Make them either KOSable or a T weapon. They're just a source of pure cancer. They're usually just spammed by innocents into a crowded area and usually just result in a round being pissed away since you can't see or hear anything. I've seen them used tactically maybe once since the server opened last year...
 
  • Like
Reactions: ollie

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
155
I'm hearing a - 1? IM JOIKING OLIVIA

Just allow it where if you turn from them they don't flash you, or reduce how bad the effect is or how long it is. Or as torb said make it a T wep.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Demon and ollie