Other Magma's suggestion thread

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Magma.

Tech support
Credit goes to @Weiss

Here we go -

Fun round & Traitor/detective weapon changes -
  1. Changes to the disguiser - The disguiser in it's current state hides your name and health. It should change whatever custom player model you have to the default one either when enabled or purchased. This is required in part due to some people calling out on the basis of skins, and in part just being a feature I really enjoyed in that other community.
  2. Changes to the radar - The radar has a cooldown of 24 or something seconds. I understand that we can't have the 10seconds radar back as that made you a walking esp but such a long cooldown has on numerous instances caused the last Traitor to run in circles trying to catch that last innocent running around the map, only to run out of time and face shame & ridicule. (pepehands)
  3. Gun Game - Honestly, I would be all for removing this all together but people seem to like it. Here's what can be changed - giving everyone disguisers so the health is hidden and kill stealing is reduced. This may not completely nullify the frustration this round brings at times but it will have a positive impact imo. If this change is welcomed then it could be implemented in fun rounds which do not have a one shot, one kill weapon.
  4. Team deathmatch and last man standing - Allow all traits, or none. I have shadowbound but I can't use that. Someone has efficiency which can be used. I like equality :)
  5. Suppressor/silencer on weapons with legendary effects - This idea was made by someone else in-game a couple of days ago but I did not see a thread for it so I'm editing it in as it was something really innovative, I do not take credit for it. If you have a suppressor equipped on a weapon with a legendary effect it should be removed/temporarily disabled if you kill anyone with such weapon.
  6. Replace tomahawks with harpoons - Credit goes to ollie @ollie for reminding me regarding this. Replace tomahawks with good ol' harpoons. Tomahawks are clunky, and have a buggy hitreg at times. People are used to harpoons (I know I am) and prefer those.
  7. DNA recharge intervals - DNA scanner is a very useful tool which is at times not used by detectives/innos for tracking traitors due to the effort it takes in tracking someone down, only to find them in a group of people moving around like a headless chicken. Another similar idea from that other community to increase the DNA recharge intervals. Credit goes to @JackThePumpkin for bringing it up.
  8. Option to use a suppressor on pistols/huge/other upcoming weapons - This is for the huge lovers as well as the the small fire arms users out there. An option to use the suppressor on pistols and the huge to create moments of chaos and whatnot. Credit to the horse addict Jack again.
  9. M320 grenade launcher changes - This small weapon of mass destruction has seen a recent major increase in use due to the damage potential it has, as well as the small form factor and re-use ability. Combined with the option to equip nades in your loadout with the latest update and the hard work being put in by Torbjörn @Torbjörn to add grenades to maps, I feel this needs to be looked at. Currently. there is no explosion timer on it and has the same explosion radius as a normally thrown hand held nade. Changes to either of these aspects may be a viable option to balance it a bit.
  10. Piercing rounds - The current meta of going into T rooms with piercing rounds and an ammo box is at times very frustrating to play against on maps with traitor rooms near areas of a lot of foot-fall. Currently, any ammo box of the type of ammunation your gun uses may be used as a piercing ammo. How about changing piercing ammo to a special ammo type which is limited in quantity. It may be a one time purchase i.e if you run out piercing rounds that's all you get, or requiring a credit for every 60 rounds for ARs or 10-15 shots on a sniper.
  11. Double click to purchase from credit shop - Currently, if you need to buy an item not on your quick buy wheel you have to select that item, then drag your mouse over to purchase, then press C to close the menu. All this in the middle of a fight can get hectic and cumbersome. How about ability to double click on an item to purchase? Side feature could be credit shop closes automatically after a purchase.
Features/tools -
  1. Item database - An item database/tool with various filters enabling one to see what skins have been unboxed with the traits and effects (if applicable). No user id is displayed of the current holder of said skin/item unless players have enabled a privacy setting specifically for this. This is to prevent spam and avoid offers on items one doesn't wish to sell. Opalium knows of this in private but I feel its important to gauge if something like this is required by the masses and not just me.
  2. Gifting - People like to gift stuff. How about anonymous gifting along with a message? With Christmas being less than 20 days away this might be something some would make good use of. Not a high priority idea but may be one day when we have added all of my favorite skins this could be a thing. :)
  3. Sort scoreboard by player name/more if required - Another copy from that community, but very useful for someone who uses the mark as enemy/kill and friend thing in the scoreboard to keep track of multiple koses. Veri useful, and veri required. @ veri? :)
  4. Scopes on more weapons - SMG's such as the mac10, or pistols currently do not have scope functionality. A lot of people desire to use the very well made scopes on their beloved small form factor death bringers. I feel this is something which would be very welcomed.
  5. Refund market processing fees if listing cancelled - Not cool bro I don't like this
  6. Perks for discord server boosting - Discord server boosting is a great act of generosity which allows crescent a very important and useful feature - a custom discord invite link. I understand server boosting may not directly support with the bills, but it does assist in other means. The discord role and the little diamond thingy might be cool but I feel some ingame perks would go along well. Ofcourse, this idea has challenges vis-a-vis tracking boosts, and how to reward multiple boosts but I feel Opal and the team can come up with a good scaling system for the generous people out there.
Weapon mods balancing -
  1. Redundant now? idk I was lazy to complete my idea the first time but might revisit if I feel something needs changing. buff trance thx
Change log

Thanks for reading my poop suggestions.

Last edited:

Nebula

𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚗
Crescent Lite
I do enjoy I like your;
Changes to the disguiser
Gun Game (I'd like to add maybe making people who have the spawn in safety can't kill people cos its kinda unfair imo?)
Team deathmatch and last man standing
Item Database
Gifting

I am confused a little by;
Changes to the radar

But these sound really good :D

Reactions: Magma.

Magma.

Tech support
I am confused a little by;
Changes to the radar

But these sound really good :D
Umm. Simplified version is that the radar currently updates rather slow, making it ineffective for maps with portals and ways to quickly move around.

Reactions: Nebula

Magma.

Tech support
Change log -

9/12/2019 (This is how the date format here is okay.)

- Added change log. :confusion:​
- Credited @Weiss
- Added suggestion regarding DNA recharge intervals.​
- Added suggestion regarding option to use suppressor on more weapons.​
- Added suggestion regarding M320 balancing.​
- Added suggestion regarding scopes on smaller weapons.​
11/12/2019
- Added piercing rounds modification.​
20/12/2019
- Added suggestion regarding double click purchase in credit menu.​
22/12/2019
- Protest against charging market fees on cancelled listing :mad:
27/1/2020
- Discord server boosting incentives.​

Last edited:

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
Suppressor/silencer on weapons with legendary effects - This idea was made by someone else in-game a couple of days ago but I did not see a thread for it so I'm editing it in as it was something really innovative, I do not take credit for it. If you have a suppressor equipped on a weapon with a legendary effect it should be removed/temporarily disabled if you kill anyone with such weapon.
I personally wouldn't want to disable my legendary effect but I could see others wanting this functionality. If it were an optional toggle in the Crescent Hub I would definitely be all for this.

Changes to the disguiser - The disguiser in it's current state hides your name and health. It should change whatever custom player model you have to the default one either when enabled or purchased. This is required in part due to some people calling out on the basis of skins, and in part just being a feature I really enjoyed in that other community.
This definitely should be added since it makes targeting by player model a thing if you have a rare model. People might catch on though if you normally use a model and one round just happen to use default model.

Reactions: Nebula

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Lite
Changes to the radar - The radar has a cooldown of 24 or something seconds. I understand that we can't have the 10seconds radar back as that made you a walking esp but such a long cooldown has on numerous instances caused the last Traitor to run in circles trying to catch that last innocent running around the map, only to run out of time and face shame & ridicule. (pepehands)
An idea I've had for radar is to make the cooldown scale with the number of players alive, with 10 and 30 seconds being the min and max.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Changes to the disguiser - The disguiser in it's current state hides your name and health. It should change whatever custom player model you have to the default one either when enabled or purchased. This is required in part due to some people calling out on the basis of skins, and in part just being a feature I really enjoyed in that other community.
Done.
Gun Game - Honestly, I would be all for removing this all together but people seem to like it. Here's what can be changed - giving everyone disguisers so the health is hidden and kill stealing is reduced. This may not completely nullify the frustration this round brings at times but it will have a positive impact imo. If this change is welcomed then it could be implemented in fun rounds which do not have a one shot, one kill weapon.
The recent changes to Gun Game should negate this. Still an interesting idea.
Team deathmatch and last man standing - Allow all traits, or none. I have shadowbound but I can't use that. Someone has efficiency which can be used. I like equality
Shadowbound is disabled due to some technical problems it can lead to in those rounds, not as a design choice. It's something we'll have to resolve eventually.
Replace tomahawks with harpoons - Credit goes to @ollie for reminding me regarding this. Replace tomahawks with good ol' harpoons. Tomahawks are clunky, and have a buggy hitreg at times. People are used to harpoons (I know I am) and prefer those.
I haven't seen any hitreg issues with them, or received any complaints about it. Tomahawks require more skill and precision than harpoons, which is ideal in our game flow. Harpoons just make less sense in our case.
Piercing rounds - The current meta of going into T rooms with piercing rounds and an ammo box is at times very frustrating to play against on maps with traitor rooms near areas of a lot of foot-fall. Currently, any ammo box of the type of ammunation your gun uses may be used as a piercing ammo. How about changing piercing ammo to a special ammo type which is limited in quantity. It may be a one time purchase i.e if you run out piercing rounds that's all you get, or requiring a credit for every 60 rounds for ARs or 10-15 shots on a sniper.
Already addressed.
Item database - An item database/tool with various filters enabling one to see what skins have been unboxed with the traits and effects (if applicable). No user id is displayed of the current holder of said skin/item unless players have enabled a privacy setting specifically for this. This is to prevent spam and avoid offers on items one doesn't wish to sell. Opalium knows of this in private but I feel its important to gauge if something like this is required by the masses and not just me.
On the roadmap, but unlikely any time soon.
Sort scoreboard by player name/more if required - Another copy from that community, but very useful for someone who uses the mark as enemy/kill and friend thing in the scoreboard to keep track of multiple koses. Veri useful, and veri required. @ veri?
On the roadmap.
Scopes on more weapons - SMG's such as the mac10, or pistols currently do not have scope functionality. A lot of people desire to use the very well made scopes on their beloved small form factor death bringers. I feel this is something which would be very welcomed.
This is actually a lot of work to make and will likely take time.
Refund market processing fees if listing cancelled - Not cool bro I don't like this
Working as intended. You pay for listing, not for a successful trade. It's the only downside of the market.

A for the other suggestions, I will look into them and respond again later on.