Accepted Make Chronoshift Traitorous

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriana

OMEGALUL FURRY STAFF OMG
Crescent Plus
Chronoshift is a very powerful trait, but I've been noticing a bunch of people only using it to mess with other players, instead of for the intended reason, also making it so that when a traitor goes and finds them, makes them sitting ducks for the traitors.

My thought is to make Chronoshifting someone a traitorous action, much like how disarray'ing someone is traitorous (aside from the damage.)

This is an issue that has been brought up among several moderators, and we'd like to see a change with it. Also, if you respond to this, at least list a reason for why you say yes or no, and not flat-out saying "no lol".

Last edited:
Reactions: Kernz

Lego

#SillyGay
Crescent Plus
+1 mufukas that just run around randomly chronoshifting people giving the ts perfect chance to jihad are annoying

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Plus
In my opinion this should only be KOSable if you 100% know who did it, because otherwise you can't really know. Maybe it could be reportable for a slay or something, but the way I see it rules for it would need to be really specific for it to prevent killing the wrong person.

FugueState

Crescent Plus
If chronoshift becomes traitorous, lets add some more while we're at it.

Magnetizing: literally takes your gun away so you cant fight back at least for a few seconds until you spam interact to get it back.

Repulse: can now very often damage others and push someone off cliffs.

Amplifying, Frenzy, efficiency, bloodlust, overloading, headhunting: Gives the user a vastly better advantage why else would anyone activate unless to start/keep killing. If we're going to make chronoshift a preventive kos, lets make these preventive kos too.

Silence: Makes you unable to call out any traitorous activity and silences kill screams, gives the user the big advantage of being able to kill with minimal punishment other than getting shot back.

Black hole: going along with lego's comment about easy jihading, black hole sucks up and brings in as many players nearby, a better choice for those who want to jihad so others cant escape. this trait can also damage players although less frequently.

Might as well make every trait kosable /shrug

Last edited:

Bubonic

20% Plague 100% Turkey

Magnetizing: literally takes your gun away so you cant fight back at least for a few seconds until you spam interact to get it back.

Amplifying, Frenzy, efficiency, bloodlust, overloading, headhunting: Gives the user a vastly better advantage why else would anyone activate unless to start/keep killing. If we're going to make chronoshift a preventive kos, lets make these preventive kos too.

Silence: Makes you unable to call out any traitorous activity and silences kill screams, gives the user the big advantage of being able to kill with minimal punishment other than getting shot back.

Black hole: going along with lego's comment about easy jihading, black hole sucks up and brings in as many players nearby, a better choice for those who want to jihad so others cant escape. this trait can also damage players although less frequently.

I think I see where you are going, here are some more things that I believe you would agree should be traitorous:

Having a gun out: You only need to have a gun out if you are shooting someone, which is a traitorous act
Walking: people only walk slowly when they are trying not to be heard
Running: people only run from the cops
Jumping: it can be used to get a better vantage point, something only traitors need
Crouching: this ones obvious, not even going to say why it needs to be traitorous
Crouch jumping: really we just need to perma anyone who uses their crouch and jump button within 10 seconds of each other
Standing still: people only stand still when they are in the traitor shop
Using any form of voice chat: may be trying to coverup kos's on themselves
Using text chat: may be trying to spam kos's out of sight
Not talking at all: probably focusing on being a t

I can keep working on this list but I believe all of these should be made traitorous immediately, if not removed from the game.

FugueState

Crescent Plus
I think I see where you are going, here are some more things that I believe you would agree should be traitorous:

Having a gun out: You only need to have a gun out if you are shooting someone, which is a traitorous act
Walking: people only walk slowly when they are trying not to be heard
Running: people only run from the cops
Jumping: it can be used to get a better vantage point, something only traitors need
Crouching: this ones obvious, not even going to say why it needs to be traitorous
Crouch jumping: really we just need to perma anyone who uses their crouch and jump button within 10 seconds of each other
Standing still: people only stand still when they are in the traitor shop
Using any form of voice chat: may be trying to coverup kos's on themselves
Using text chat: may be trying to spam kos's out of sight
Not talking at all: probably focusing on being a t

I can keep working on this list but I believe all of these should be made traitorous immediately, if not removed from the game.

TheDrunkenMagi

Hardcore Member
Crescent Plus
You can't know for certain who chronoshifted you. This would be KOS off of gun or gun model which is against the rules.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus

I know you're joking, but:

- Repulse is kosable near ledges/hazards
- Frenzy and bloodlust activate on kills, and therefore are inherently traitorous (until the body is Ided as a traitor at least)
- Blackhole is also kosable near ledges/hazards

Chronoshifting is also traitorous near ledges and hazards, but that's not really what this suggestion is about. I personally don't think chrono should be generally traitorous on the basis that it's annoying, because then there's no reason for traits like swap, silence, repulse, etc. to not be generally traitorous as well. TTT as an inno is already a very stale game, and taking away the ability to fuck around with traits with friends when you have nothing else to do just makes the game less engaging.

That's not to say that it isn't infuriating to constantly be targeted by disruptive traits like this. In the event that players are spamming disruptive traits purely for the sake of annoying other players and not at all for combat, it can be treated as harassment and/or targeting.

The last thing I'd like to say is that having punishments in place for abuse is not a perfect system, and some change to the trait should still be considered. I personally think that just making it generally traitorous is a boring, lose-lose fix. What I would suggest is making chrono less annoying but still viable with the following change: On activation, players within x range have their reload speed and weapon swap speed increased by y%. Or you could go with a boring but more practical version of making it traitorous: On activation for x seconds, damaging a target with this gun reduces their movement speed by y% for z seconds. That would make it traitorous without running into issues of mistaking who used it, and would be a slight buff to the trait, as it's definitely not meta by any means right now.

FugueState

Crescent Plus
The last thing I'd like to say is that having punishments in place for abuse is not a perfect system, and some change to the trait should still be considered. I personally think that just making it generally traitorous is a boring, lose-lose fix. What I would suggest is making chrono less annoying but still viable with the following change: On activation, players within x range have their reload speed and weapon swap speed increased by y%. Or you could go with a boring but more practical version of making it traitorous: On activation for x seconds, damaging a target with this gun reduces their movement speed by y% for z seconds. That would make it traitorous without running into issues of mistaking who used it, and would be a slight buff to the trait, as it's definitely not meta by any means right now.
As a chronoshift main, I prefer how it is now. But to be lenient, the only changes that I could maybe tolerate would be area of effect changes. I feel like it's balanced as is. maybe give a small buff to the victim, but I feel like any buff for the victim could make the chronoshift not viable at all, at least for me.
Maybe the area of effect can be shorted to a cone in front of the user, or a cone both front and back of the user like an hourglass. this way it wouldn't affect bystanders as much. Or your idea of it being applied by damage, kinda like it but a bit unsure on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.