Other Make Download Lag Warning More Noticeable + Maps missing from FastDL

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

yzy_boost

I've noticed that when I join the server, there is an initial period of lag and errors while the content is loading in, and there's a warning saying that's normal, however it's in such a small box in the bottom left of the screen, and I myself didn't even notice it the first few times I joined the server.

I feel like new players to the server may not notice that message and they just see the lag and errors and leave. I think this may be the case because almost every time a completely new player has joined the server, in my experience, they leave within a minute. I was thinking if it's possible to move that message to the center of the screen instead, new players would know that there are supposed to be errors or lag, and they don't leave thinking something is wrong with the server or their game.

Av3r4ge

Crescent Plus
Moving it into the center of the screen won't fix the issue, well it will but there are more downsides to upsides. AKA you're blocking their crosshair and preventing them from playing until the content is done downloading. (This is mostly problem for people with terrible internet.)

But the whole point of making them download it while they're in game is so they can join and instantly and starting playing without having to load 1-2gb worth of content in the loading screen and wait.

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Plus
I don't think moving it to the center of the screen is a good idea. But it could probably be made bigger without any real damage done - so new players don't miss it.

flame

Lurker
Crescent Plus
i never really see new players joining and staying. i noticed that some maps are missing from download, specifically cs maps (italy, dust2, office, assault). personally, i'd rather all the content be downloaded once on the loading screen. i'd like to see the server populated, but when new players join for half a round and leave, there's probably something making them leave and not stay.

Last edited:

yzy_boost

i never really see new players joining and staying. i noticed that some maps are missing from download, specifically cs maps (italy, dust2, office, assault). personally, i'd rather all the content be downloaded once on the loading screen. i'd like to see the server populated, but when new players join for half a round and leave, there's probably something making them leave and not stay.

Yeah, I’ve noticed this too, I don’t know that much about how servers work, but I think the issue might be that some CSS maps may not be in fast dl

I also agree with Siddo, maybe moving it to the center may not be the best solution, but I still think it’d be a good idea to make it more noticeable.