Other Make Killed with DNA More Obvious

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I was playing last night and was reported several times by people when I had their DNA. It usually happened when I was an innocent with a DNA scanner from a dead detective. I think it needs to be more obvious than in the message in chat since it’s a waste of time for staff to deal with these kinds of reports.

Reactions: BambiBreaker

MemeDaddy

HeheXd
Crescent Infinity
Bumping tf outta this.
I feel like a damned cuck when I report and I’m hit with the I had your DNA

Jabami

--
Crescent Infinity
Nah what we mean, Opal. Is we're getting reported even though the game tells them we had their DNA

salisian

Crescent Lite
Let's be honest; if someone is salty and stupid, the gigantic "THEY HAD YOUR DNA" popup was insufficient. Fully half my reports in that other server were solved by typing "I had DNA." (And the period was required because you had to include 10 characters in your response.)

Frankly, the only solution would be to absolutely negate the automatic popup for reporting if the killing player has DNA. Then when they type !report have a pop-up menu saying "THIS PERSON HAD YOUR DNA, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BE AN IDIOT?!"

Reactions: Opalium

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Let's be honest; if someone is salty and stupid, the gigantic "THEY HAD YOUR DNA" popup was insufficient. Fully half my reports in that other server were solved by typing "I had DNA." (And the period was required because you had to include 10 characters in your response.)

Frankly, the only solution would be to absolutely negate the automatic popup for reporting if the killing player has DNA. Then when they type !report have a pop-up menu saying "THIS PERSON HAD YOUR DNA, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BE AN IDIOT?!"
That's not a bad idea at all. Well, not this phrasing exactly, but a good point overall.
I'll try to get this added for the next RDM manager update.

Reactions: Torbjörn

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Infinity
That's not a bad idea at all. Well, not this phrasing exactly, but a good point overall.
I'll try to get this added for the next RDM manager update.
That's not a very great idea unless you make the game check that it's "valid" DNA. You could just abuse this otherwise by picking up their DNA from any gun they were holding and then kill them for it.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
That's not a very great idea unless you make the game check that it's "valid" DNA. You could just abuse this otherwise by picking up their DNA from any gun they were holding and then kill them for it.
Obviously this would only work for valid kills (traitors being killed by non traitors who had their DNA).
And, again, this would simply be a warning; it won't stop you from going on with the report of you wish.

salisian

Crescent Lite
I made a sarcastic, drunken post and Opal folds the good parts of it into the new meta.

I think I like Opal.

• Funny
Reactions: Torbjörn