Accepted Make radar blips toggleable

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mae

Crescent Plus
Title. The radar is very useful and obligatory most of the time, but the radar blips are so obnoxiously big and they get in the way of aiming, especially if you're further away and looking to pick someone off from a group of people. That is usually nearly impossible to do perfectly when you have 5-10 green blobs in your face.
My suggestion is to make it have an on/off option like the disguiser. There's other alternatives to consider but I think this is the simplest way to get rid of this problem.
Edit: Also being able to bind the toggle would be great 🤗

Bob

To me, it seems like the devs want traitor weapons to have a disadvantage of some sort. ( knife has a loud sound, gauss has a very bright and clear tracer when shot, armor does nothing but reduce bullet damage ect.)

Which I think is good as traitors already have the element of surprise. Looking at all of these things together letting people remove the negatives of the radar (which is the 2nd best item after armor) whenever they want comes off as a step in the wrong direction.

mae

Crescent Plus
To me, it seems like the devs want traitor weapons to have a disadvantage of some sort. ( knife has a loud sound, gauss has a very bright and clear tracer when shot, armor does nothing but reduce bullet damage ect.)
Radar isn't a T weapon though. It's a utility tool that shouldn't have a direct negative effect on the gameplay.
Also taking into consideration that it's only really useful for finding players that strayed away from the crowd, I don't think not being able to see what you're aiming at is a good trade-off. That's just bad and annoying balance as the radar is necessary for stealthy gameplay and good coordination - 2 things that this server seems to push players towards. Again, it's just a tool; all the work still has to be done by the player(s).
Also it takes 30 seconds to refresh. That's already bad as it is

Reactions: Dolph1n and Zyp
Status
Not open for further replies.