Rules make throwing a flash grenade a traitorous act

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Should flashbangs be KOSable?

• Yes

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

UncleBee

Hardcore Member
Crescent Plus
i dont get why this is not a traitorous act in the first place, throwing a flash grenade benefits the traitor in many ways and it can be a danger to an innocent,
example: im walking on top of a plank and falling down is a death wish, someone throws a flash grenade in front of me and i cant see anything and i end up falling down

• Dislike
Reactions: MemeDaddy and Pups

Leo

The All Seeing Eyes Of The Gods
Crescent Plus
Or make it a warning type pf thing or situational maybe situational

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Plus
Nah. It's not traitorous because it cannot in any way cause direct harm to innocents. Frags and incendiaries literally kill and discombs can be the direct cause of someone falling to their death.
This isn't the case for smokes or flashbangs.

xoxo

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
The same argument can be made for smoke grenade since it clouds people's vision of an area, which can give a traitor time to kill and run away or prevent you from seeing where you go. etc. etc.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. Based on the rules, I think it's clear where the line is drawn.

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
It's just as much of a disadvantage to the Ts when someones throws one randomly. Everyone is flashed

Anna

big titty bitch
Crescent Plus
The same argument can be made for smoke grenade since it clouds people's vision of an area, which can give a traitor time to kill and run away or prevent you from seeing where you go. etc. etc.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. Based on the rules, I think it's clear where the line is drawn.
Smoke grenades are not as intrusive.

Think of it this way. Someones throws a smoke, you can still kinda seen people as you walk through and mouse over people in the distance cause their name will pop up. You can clearly still hear if KOSes are called out or if there is discussion.

If someone throws a flash, not only can you literally see fuck all because it blinds your entire screen, you also can't hear a single thing. You can't hear if a KOS is called or if there is important game discussion going on. It is far more detrimental than a smoke grenade.

IMO flashes should be traitorous as they are far more detrimental and harmful than a simple smoke. Smokes you can still semi see through especially when you're walking through them. Flashes are disorientating and make it impossible to do key things in the game, like being able to hear KOSes.

It's just as much of a disadvantage to the Ts when someones throws one randomly. Everyone is flashed
Just like Frags or incends, they are just as detrimental to both as they can also kill T's which is why people should warn in chat before they through flashes just like they would any other grenade.

Its not a hard change to implement and I think it's something that should.

+1 on the idea.

MemeDaddy

HeheXd
Crescent Plus
Smoke grenades are not as intrusive.

Think of it this way. Someones throws a smoke, you can still kinda seen people as you walk through and mouse over people in the distance cause their name will pop up. You can clearly still hear if KOSes are called out or if there is discussion.

If someone throws a flash, not only can you literally see fuck all because it blinds your entire screen, you also can't hear a single thing. You can't hear if a KOS is called or if there is important game discussion going on. It is far more detrimental than a smoke grenade.

IMO flashes should be traitorous as they are far more detrimental and harmful than a simple smoke. Smokes you can still semi see through especially when you're walking through them. Flashes are disorientating and make it impossible to do key things in the game, like being able to hear KOSes.

Just like Frags or incends, they are just as detrimental to both as they can also kill T's which is why people should warn in chat before they through flashes just like they would any other grenade.

Its not a hard change to implement and I think it's something that should.

+1 on the idea.
fucking facts

Zyp

Veteran Member

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I can see arguments for both sides and they each have valid points. The thing is most of the time flash grenades are usually thrown by innocents to troll a large group of players, especially on maps with centralized spawn points such as crummy cradle and innocent motel. They’re very annoying and disorienting but rarely lead to someone’s death.

Reactions: Zyp and MemeDaddy

NanCi-

-1 , in my opinion the only reason this post was made because they got annoyed of getting flashed that they want to kill whoever they want.

JacobNic

Crescent Plus
-1, It rarely causes someone to die and is usually a inno trolling

Anna

big titty bitch
Crescent Plus
-1, It rarely causes someone to die and is usually a inno trolling
But thats the thing, it has nothing to do with the fact it doesn't cause people to die and has something to do with the fact that it literally renders you useless to core elements of the game. What if a KOS is called? You can't hear it. What if someone is shooting not too far away from the group of blinded people? No one can hear it. No one can see it. It literally renders people useless.

Making flashes traitorous have nothing to do with the fact they kill people and all to do with the fact that it disadvantages people, often a lot more than just one person to the point where they miss key points of the game.

Humour me this. What if a flash is thrown by an inno who is trolling, and you and a friend get blinded. Then a T snipes across the map and kills your friend. Another person comes into the area and sees you flailing around not IDing a body, even possibly walking away from it cause you would have no idea. You then get killed for it. The person who threw the flash, that people saw throw the flash, gets away scott free even though they just aided the T's and completely put all his inno friends at a disadvantage purely because it isn't considered a T at to throw a nade that heavily affects core elements of the game.

Still think no?

Torbjörn

Crescent Plus
But thats the thing, it has nothing to do with the fact it doesn't cause people to die and has something to do with the fact that it literally renders you useless to core elements of the game. What if a KOS is called? You can't hear it. What if someone is shooting not too far away from the group of blinded people? No one can hear it. No one can see it. It literally renders people useless.

Making flashes traitorous have nothing to do with the fact they kill people and all to do with the fact that it disadvantages people, often a lot more than just one person to the point where they miss key points of the game.

Humour me this. What if a flash is thrown by an inno who is trolling, and you and a friend get blinded. Then a T snipes across the map and kills your friend. Another person comes into the area and sees you flailing around not IDing a body, even possibly walking away from it cause you would have no idea. You then get killed for it. The person who threw the flash, that people saw throw the flash, gets away scott free even though they just aided the T's and completely put all his inno friends at a disadvantage purely because it isn't considered a T at to throw a nade that heavily affects core elements of the game.

Still think no?
This.

FrostedBlade

Crescent Plus

Still think no?
A pretty good representation of a scenario here. It may have just convinced me.

*Edit* maybe we should just make the flashbang a Traitor item in the shop.

Torbjörn

Crescent Plus
A pretty good representation of a scenario here. It may have just convinced me.

*Edit* maybe we should just make the flashbang a Traitor item in the shop.
I was thinking the same thing about it being a traitor weapon. Only problem with that is it seems like a waste of a credit.

My other solution would be to make them less disorienting and make the effect not last as long. In their current state they are very disorienting and hearing is affected for way too long.

Anna

big titty bitch
Crescent Plus
Honestly the fact that it is disorientating isn't always a bad thing. It is a great tool for smart Traitors to use, to affect large groups of people and allow them a window of opportunity to mow down a group of people that have no idea what is going on. It's not like it happens often and honestly could be used as a great escape tool for T's playing with smart innos as well. If you kill a person and are seen just through a flash n run to safety to re position.

I just think it needs to be considered a T act and that you can be killed for it plain and simple. Doesn't need to be a T item only and doesn't need to be nerfed per se, just need to deter morons for lack of a better word and trolls who think its fun to ruin peoples game.