Other More forgiving trait reforgers

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
With all the new traits being added, trait reforgers become progressively less valuable (and more expensive) because you're less likely to get the trait you want.

Solution: Change reforgers to roll twice, and give you the option to pick one of the two rolls or keep the old trait.

As in, if you were to use a reforger on a headhunting AK, you'd be able to choose between say bombastic, bleed, and headhunting.

Lego

#SillyGay
Crescent Plus
+1 or maybe just make reforgers cheaper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weiss

1%
Crescent Infinity
as someone who has a market in selling reforgers, this would be non-conducive to my market, therefore i must

Lavernius Tucker

Monky
Crescent Plus
as someone who has a market in selling reforgers, this would be non-conducive to my market, therefore i must

sell me reforgers you filth

With all the new traits being added, trait reforgers become progressively less valuable (and more expensive) because you're less likely to get the trait you want.

Solution: Change reforgers to roll twice, and give you the option to pick one of the two rolls or keep the old trait.

As in, if you were to use a reforger on a headhunting AK, you'd be able to choose between say bombastic, bleed, and headhunting.
sounds like the way Division 1 worked when recalibrating talents which was something I liked
+1

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Trait Reforgers are meant to be completely random. The intention is to allow you to try out different Traits for a weapon you already have, not to forge exactly the sort of weapon you need. If you're looking for something specific, Reforgers aren't the way to go; trading and finding new weapons is.

Reactions: Torbjörn

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
Trait Reforgers are meant to be completely random. The intention is to allow you to try out different Traits for a weapon you already have, not to forge exactly the sort of weapon you need. If you're looking for something specific, Reforgers aren't the way to go; trading and finding new weapons is.
What about a higher quality reforger that lets you pick 3-5 traits that you'd be fine with? Like it could make it easier to get it on the first try but wouldn't completely remove the RNG aspect. A higher cost would also help make normal reforgers still popular if you're not going for anything specific. It can be frustrating getting traits that you don't want at all and teeter tottering back and forth between the same few traits.

Or, an internal check could be done to ensure you won't get the last X number of traits that the gun previously had. So if you rerolled into knockback after let's say five rerolls you could reroll back into knockback but in the four rolls after it wouldn't be in the "pool" of rerolls.

Reactions: Lego

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I'd agree with the idea of you not getting the same trait if you reroll within 3/4 but don't like a higher tier i do agree that it will make everyone have their desired gun

Reactions: Torbjörn