Other Nerf crouchjumping

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Lavernius Tucker

Monky
Crescent Plus
It's fucking annoying to have to fight someone who constantly crouchjumps, making it damn near impossible to hit them.
You shouldn't be able to crouchjump (in combat anyway) as much as you can currently. Maybe crouchjumping 3 times in a certain amount of time (like 10-15 seconds) would prevent you from crouchjumping again for a brief period. (maybe 30 seconds?)

This would make gunfights MUCH more fair imo.

Reactions: zeccep and Mist

Sindre

Crescent Infinity
Wouldn't a cooldown just make movement awkward overall (climbing for instance)? I feel like just having a rule against doing it in combat would be more effective.

RickBOT

Banned
Banned
Crescent Plus
Wouldn't a cooldown just make movement awkward overall (climbing for instance)? I feel like just having a rule against doing it in combat would be more effective.
nope, crouch cooldown works fine because it lets you crouch less and less so unless you miss like 5 crouch jumps in a row while climbing what like minectaft blocks ur fine

Mist

Crescent Infinity

out of habit some players like ria would do it or some would just forget the rule and do it so they dont die, but yea it could work if enforced properly

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Now i agree with spamming crouch jumping constantly, with someone like Ria who is being a bit of a tool with a bind

But we're garrys mod... There is no crouch cooldown. Please don't make it like CS if you do at least make it more forgiving where you can still bhop. Getting around is slow enough on TTT. Also stopping someone crouch jumping doesn't stop them jumping and it's just as bad and as irritating (throwing that out there)

Mist

Crescent Infinity
Now i agree with spamming crouch jumping constantly, with someone like Ria who is being a bit of a tool with a bind

But we're garrys mod... There is no crouch cooldown. Please don't make it like CS if you do at least make it more forgiving where you can still bhop. Getting around is slow enough on TTT. Also stopping someone crouch jumping doesn't stop them jumping and it's just as bad and as irritating (throwing that out there)

lol ppl got so annoyed at the crouch jumping they forgot the JUMPING

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
lol ppl got so annoyed at the crouch jumping they forgot the JUMPING

Exactly, You can remove crouch jumping all you want. However people will just keep spam jumping unless you put a jump cooldown too. As soon as you make it a jump cooldown you're making our server like cs:go but easier. Might as well add the CS:GO Spray patterns, ROF and Damage on all guns whilst we're at it... It's a TTT server you can jump constantly on servers why change it on ours

Reactions: Mist

TheSpookenDoot

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
Raise the damage of that gun mod that does increased damage to airborn enemies. Like double that shit. This will punish people for jumping in combat and cause more people to use a typically unused mod.

Lavernius Tucker

Monky
Crescent Plus
Raise the damage of that gun mod that does increased damage to airborn enemies. Like double that shit. This will punish people for jumping in combat and cause more people to use a typically unused mod.
airplay used to increase damage by a literal shit ton but I must have abused my old KB+airplay mp7 gimmick too much because it got slammed

TheSpookenDoot

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
airplay used to increase damage by a literal shit ton but I must have abused my old KB+airplay mp7 gimmick too much because it got slammed
Oh yeah, that's true. I forgot about things like Blackhole that force you into the air. That makes this problem harder to solve. Maybe give players a stacking debuff that increases damage taken everytime they jump, but rapidly dissipates over time while they aren't jumping? Idk, just spitballing now.