Denied Not Kosing For Going Past Un Ided bodys

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

NanCi-

I have been getting killed multiple times as inno and as t because some random un ided body was next to me
because you dont even get a chance to do anything because as soon as you pass that dead body thats it a kos has
been placed on your head.

I think we should probably do that you should ask the person to id the body but if they ignore that task we can kos them than instantly
kill them.

Reactions: MisterWhy

Carned

✘o ✘o
Crescent Lite
I've honestly never been killed for an unided in 5 years of gmod.

I think you people need to be more aware of your surroundings.

Also in the time it takes to ask someone to ID a body the T is just going to shoot you.

Absolutely -1 same as the last suggestion for this rule.

Reactions: Zyp

Agent Knockout

Absolutely not. This gives those who are actual traitors way more than enough time to just turn around and kill you. Is it passive-aggressive to kill for UnIDs? Yes. Is it annoying? Yes. But, it makes sure traitors do not get away with the crime of slowing the innocents down, which is obviously their job and a T act.

Reactions: Zyp

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
Ahhh....yes...the perfect place to share what happened to me yesterday.

In the video, I check the vents to see if there are any dead bodies in there. I see blood when I look left (which I thought was strange) so I glance down a bit and see nothing. You can just barely see the shoulder of a body on the ground below me (which I didn't see at the time). I have to admit, being killed for this was a little triggering, especially since the person who killed me can be seen in the vents walking toward me (wearing the Ella model), and they know I wasn't in the vent area beforehand. From my perspective, they know very well that I didn't see the body and if I did, I would have ID'ed it. What Traitor in their right mind would walk in, look at a body in front of people, and walk away without ID'ing it? But In the video, I do glance downwards and on their computer screen, it may have looked like I looked at the body and ignored it. I do think that this was a crappy thing to be killed for in this instance, but players just can't take that chance. To add to what Carned @Carned has said, this is the first time in a very long time that I have been killed for "walking past" or "ignoring" and Unidentified body.

I'm not asking for a change, I'm just here to vent my frustration from this kill yesterday and to say that I understand your frustration as well NanCi- @NanCi- . However, making a change to this rule would give too much power to the Traitors. We just have to be vigilant in-game to make sure we don't put ourselves in these situations, and if you feel that you've been killed for something ridiculous, record it and make a report.

I would also like to mention that I killed Mochi @Mochi a few days ago for being right next to an Unidentified body and then walking away from it. Unfortunately, I don't have a recording of this instance, but I know that afterward she felt much like I did from the above example. Of course it wasn't my intention to RDM her, I had no way of knowing that she didn't kill that player and from my perspective, it looked like the body was in her line-of-sight when she turned around and left the area.

Ever since that incident happened, I have tried to judge those situations more carefully and if the circumstances allowed it, given players the benefit of the doubt. My advice is to just use your personal judgment whether to kill someone for "ignoring an Unidentified body" or not on a case-by-case basis. Did a gunfight just occur and you arrive to see a player walking by and leaving the bodies? Kill 'em. Are you on the map Dolls and a player walks by an Unidentified body on the ground? Maybe the player was sniped from above and the person just didn't see the body, or maybe they killed the person themselves. Play how you would want to be treated, I'm sure there are tons of players who would notice and appreciate it. Keep in mind though that people aren't obligated to extend you the same courtesy.

I hope this post was helpful in some way. The lines do get a little blurred with this rule, but it's something you just have to take in stride, and if you feel like a player is abusing this rule make sure to report it.

JacobNic

Crescent Infinity
I feel like the unidentified body rule needs some updating. Mostly because of one instance where i couldn't id a body in the main hallway on dolls without getting shot by a traitor and got killed for not id-ing even though it would put me in harms way.

MisterWhy

Another for me is killing AFKs for not IDing bodies. That makes no sense to me AT all as they couldn't ID the body if they wanted to. I don't think people should be killed for not IDing unless they are going out of their way NOT ID the body.

JacobNic

Crescent Infinity
well if a afk is near a plethora of unidentified bodies, then they probably are a t, and that might be gba as well

Harvest

Crescent Infinity
Another for me is killing AFKs for not IDing bodies. That makes no sense to me AT all as they couldn't ID the body if they wanted to. I don't think people should be killed for not IDing unless they are going out of their way NOT ID the body.
The thing with this is that with a group of AFKs, a T will go through and kill the innos - the ones left alive will be Ts because Ts wont kill their own. It's more common sense than GBA from my perspective.

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
AFK players are not immune to Traitorous acts. The reason most players kill AFK's in the scenario you mentioned is that technically they are guilty by association. They did not react to or make an effort to thwart the Traitor's around them, nor make an effort to ID the bodies afterward. I would agree that in some cases, to kill a player for GBA is extreme. According to the rules, however, these kills are valid. There are multiple playstyles in TTT, I suggest that you use the playstyle that you're most comfortable with and that you'd play the game the same way that you would like to be treated. Just keep in mind that not all players have to extend you the same courtesy such as giving you the benefit of the doubt when you are AFK around Traitorous happenings. The rule can be seen here:

I am not trying to belittle you here; I do understand where you are coming from and sympathize with you. I've been in the same boat before, and it still happens on occasion. I do have to disagree though about changes to AFK player rules.

Cheers!

MisterWhy

AFK players are not immune to Traitorous acts. The reason most players kill AFK's in the scenario you mentioned is that technically they are guilty by association. They did not react to or make an effort to thwart the Traitor's around them, nor make an effort to ID the bodies afterward. I would agree that in some cases, to kill a player for GBA is extreme. According to the rules, however, these kills are valid. There are multiple playstyles in TTT, I suggest that you use the playstyle that you're most comfortable with and that you'd play the game the same way that you would like to be treated. Just keep in mind that not all players have to extend you the same courtesy such as giving you the benefit of the doubt when you are AFK around Traitorous happenings. The rule can be seen here:

I am not trying to belittle you here; I do understand where you are coming from and sympathize with you. I've been in the same boat before, and it still happens on occasion. I do have to disagree though about changes to AFK player rules.

Cheers!
I did read the rules XD. But yeah I get where you're coming from I think its more of a perspective issue on my part as I've always played by different rules. But it shouldn't be too hard for me too adapt. I do feel that some of the rules here are...... strange.

helix

science!
Honored Member
I mean... they could have. They could have just been at their keyboard instead of being AFK during the round....

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
I did read the rules XD. But yeah I get where you're coming from I think its more of a perspective issue on my part as I've always played by different rules. But it shouldn't be too hard for me too adapt. I do feel that some of the rules here are...... strange.
Sorry man, it was unintentional to sound like a smart-ass. Sorry if I did. I wasn't trying to insinuate that you haven't read the rules 😛. I was just explaining from the point of view of the people who do kill AFK's for such things.

• Love

helix

science!
Honored Member
You're Good FrostedBlade @FrostedBlade ;)
helix @helix I'll just take my keyboard in the bathroom with me trolololl XD
lul. I get the sentiment, but honestly, the way I look at it is that...

1) If you're going to go AFK, you should throw yourself in spec anyways out of respect of those waiting for the new round.

2) If you don't go spectator, you shouldn't expect others to cater to you and adjust their gameplay because of it, which is why I personally don't think being AFK should be considered in the rules.

FrostedBlade

Crescent Lite
lul. I get the sentiment, but honestly, the way I look at it is that...

1) If you're going to go AFK, you should throw yourself in spec anyways out of respect of those waiting for the new round.

2) If you don't go spectator, you shouldn't expect others to cater to you and adjust their gameplay because of it, which is why I personally don't think being AFK should be considered in the rules.
*cheering and clapping from FrostedBlade ensues* standing ovation!! Exactly this. I feel the same lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.