Other Pease add a "Current Price" system

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

God Tier

Banned
Banned
For people like me that are new and drop and drop and item it is really easy to get scammed, but for things like skins taunts and other non talent using items they could put the average that each item sells for. Because all trades are already on record this would be fairly simple coding and if needed I could help, It would just be a system where it displays an option called "Recent Sales" that tells you the average that an items sells for and the last 100 sales of that item. This would be particularly difficult for guns so they probably would not be included but would be very useful.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
I believe something like this is already planned. The main issue is that if you trade a gun + shards or anything besides shards it's hard to value the exact value of an item.

I think that they just need to disable trades for new players to avoid them from getting scammed more than anything.

God Tier

Banned
Banned
Yah I guess if they included like a level system and you had to reach a certain level before trading would be ok, but it would also help to know prices because you have to learn the value before you sell an item to avoid conflict, if crescent had a discord sever with a price checking session this might be resolved. But its a new sever and will be coming a long way in the next couple months. So hopefully they find a fix for this.

UncleBee

Hardcore Member
Crescent Plus
can someone define scamming

• Funny
Reactions: TheDrunkenMagi

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
Yah I guess if they included like a level system and you had to reach a certain level before trading would be ok, but it would also help to know prices because you have to learn the value before you sell an item to avoid conflict, if crescent had a discord sever with a price checking session this might be resolved. But its a new sever and will be coming a long way in the next couple months. So hopefully they find a fix for this.
I mean, we do have a channel in our Discord known as "trading" it lets you post items up for sale, show that you're looking for an item, or do as you suggested and get a price check. The main issue is that some people will value items more than others so what one person is willing to sell/buy for could vary greatly between individuals.

God Tier

Banned
Banned
I mean, we do have a channel in our Discord known as "trading" it lets you post items up for sale, show that you're looking for an item, or do as you suggested and get a price check. The main issue is that some people will value items more than others so what one person is willing to sell/buy for could vary greatly between individuals.
O I didn't know there was a cresent discrod lol

Opalium

Stay awesome
There is no way to define the "current price" of an item. Market trends change all the time and the value of things fluctuates a lot, making it impossible to reliably track the value of an item.
Not only that, however: setting a hard price point for items through such a system will remove a lot of the flexibility in Crescent's economy and pretty much lock everything to a certain price margin. It makes things clunky, prevents neogtiations, and is generally unhealthy.

An alternative method I prefer is to rely on trade history instead. What this means is that when trade an item, you'll be able to see a list of recent (successful) trades involving this item, giving you an idea of what value this item might hold. This prevents setting a hard-price for items and forcefully controlling the economy, while still allowing you to rely on current market trends/norms to get a clearer picture. It's a better concept overall in my opinion and is likely what we'll try to do.

Either options are going to take a bit to implement, though, as they require some backend work and data collection before we can add such features.

Ruki

明日あなたに僕が見えなくても きっと変わらず愛している。
Crescent Infinity
One thing that I'd really like which could work in the same way of the title here is a rework to Auctions. Instead of it showing the auction listing it shows the highest bid and notifies you if you got out-bid, with of course a refund so you can bid higher if you really want that item.

Reactions: Torbjörn

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
One thing that I'd really like which could work in the same way of the title here is a rework to Auctions. Instead of it showing the auction listing it shows the highest bid and notifies you if you got out-bid, with of course a refund so you can bid higher if you really want that item.
I think we could keep the current "silent auction" and just add another type of auction where it would behave as you proposed. Like have a bidding war that's done through the auction system would be nice.