Pokemon Showdown Tournament 3

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
Welcome back everyone. For the third installment of this tournament, we will be playing gen 7 monotype constructed, in a round-robin format. Once enough players have signed up, I will post a chart for matchups, and players will be given a certain length of time to complete all assigned matches. There is no buy-in to participate in the tournament, just comment below if you'd like to participate.

The rules for the matches are as follows:
  • Each match is best 2 out of 3 games.
  • Every pokemon on a monotype team must share a common type. For example: Swampert, Squirtle, and Magikarp all share water type, and can be on a water monotype team.
  • Both players are allowed to change teams between games and matches. You are not required to stick to one team.
  • Each match must be played in the gen 7 monotype 6v6 singles format on pokemon showdown. Anything else will not be counted.
  • After each game, one or both players must send me the match replay. Failure to do so will result in the game not being counted.
  • Z moves and mega evolutions are allowed.
  • As this is a constructed format, you need to build a team.
First prize is 7.5k shards
Second prize is 5k shards
Third Prize is 2.5k shards

As this is a constructed format, I'll provide some helpful links for newcomers.

Pokemon Showdown
Guide to competitive battling
Difference between tiers
Sample Gen 7 OU teams - This one is really useful if you don't know what to put on your team, or if you're completely confused, you can just copy the entire team using the import/export function. Most of the teams here have descriptions for use and the reasoning behind their choices.
Showdown tips and tricks - This one has some really useful information for commands you can use during a game for information about abilities, moves, items, pokemon, etc.
Saving a replay - When the battle ends, towards the right and below the battle screen, click the share and upload replay button and send me the link.
This video is very helpful for anyone who isn't familiar with pokemon showdown or the team builder for it.
This is a pretty decent guide for strategic team building for beginners. Feel free to keep looking on your own though.

• Wow
Reactions: Silly

Silly

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
I am in just put me against the worst possible enemy first

• Dislike
Reactions: Torbjörn

Sephy

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
i cant wait to beat silly again

• Sad

Paradox

The Reaper
Crescent Plus
Welcome back everyone. For the third installment of this tournament, we will be playing gen 7 monotype constructed, in a round-robin format. Once enough players have signed up, I will post a chart for matchups, and players will be given a certain length of time to complete all assigned matches. There is no buy-in to participate in the tournament, just comment below if you'd like to participate.

The rules for the matches are as follows:
  • Each match is best 2 out of 3 games.
  • Every pokemon on a monotype team must share a common type. For example: Swampert, Squirtle, and Magikarp all share water type, and can be on a water monotype team.
  • Both players are allowed to change teams between games and matches. You are not required to stick to one team.
  • Each match must be played in the gen 7 monotype 6v6 singles format on pokemon showdown. Anything else will not be counted.
  • After each game, one or both players must send me the match replay. Failure to do so will result in the game not being counted.
  • Z moves and mega evolutions are allowed.
  • As this is a constructed format, you need to build a team.
First prize is 7.5k shards
Second prize is 5k shards
Third Prize is 2.5k shards

As this is a constructed format, I'll provide some helpful links for newcomers.

Pokemon Showdown
Guide to competitive battling
Difference between tiers
Sample Gen 7 OU teams - This one is really useful if you don't know what to put on your team, or if you're completely confused, you can just copy the entire team using the import/export function. Most of the teams here have descriptions for use and the reasoning behind their choices.
Showdown tips and tricks - This one has some really useful information for commands you can use during a game for information about abilities, moves, items, pokemon, etc.
Saving a replay - When the battle ends, towards the right and below the battle screen, click the share and upload replay button and send me the link.
This video is very helpful for anyone who isn't familiar with pokemon showdown or the team builder for it.
This is a pretty decent guide for strategic team building for beginners. Feel free to keep looking on your own though.

whats ruling on hko moves and stuff I don’t think any can but stuff like mind reader or lock on hko moves

• Love

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
whats ruling on hko moves and stuff I don’t think any can but stuff like mind reader or lock on hko moves
I answered this in discord but I'll be more specific here for the sake of everyone else.

These are the rules for the monotype format:

As stated at the beginning of that post, they are the same as the OU format but with a few extra rules, so I'll post the OU rules as well:

Beyond those two links and what I've stated in the main post here, there are no other rules for this tournament. And if you don't feel like reading through all of those links, don't worry. Showdown won't let you start a game in the format if your team breaks any of the rules.

• Dislike

Weiss

1%
Crescent Infinity
if you need to make sure your team abides by smogon's rules, you can click the "Validate" button beside the format button and the teambuilder will tell you if there are any errors or issues with your team.

make sure you select the right format BEFORE clicking validate so it follows the correct rule set and availability restrictions

• Wow

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
Time to get started everyone, I'll quickly recap. Common feedback from the past two tournaments was that you only played 1-3 matches, so it didn't really feel like much of a tournament. This time around we'll be using the round robin format to hopefully fix that, so please let me know what you think.

Every player will battle against every player. Each match will be best two out of three games, and I need you to send me the battle replays when you're done. The format is Gen 7 monotype, and you are allowed to modify your team or change teams entirely at any point, even between games. For more details on the rules, please read the posts above.

Below you will find a screenshot of a spreadsheet I will be keeping for the matches. Whenever I get a match replay, I will update the spreadsheet and post the replay below. You are welcome to watch other people battle. Everyone will have three weeks to complete their battles, meaning the last day to send me a replay will be Friday, December 4th. I may reasonably extend this timer if needed. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I strongly encourage you to use the #pokemon-tournament channel in discord to coordinate battles with each other.
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: ClubPigeon vs. Conquer - Pokémon Showdown - Pigeon v Mini (mini)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Conquer vs. ClubPigeon - Pokémon Showdown - Mini v Pigeon (mini)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: deazle_e4_249714 vs. ClubPigeon - Pokémon Showdown - Silly v Pigeon (pigeon)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: ClubPigeon vs. deazle_e4_249714 - Pokémon Showdown - Pigeon v Silly (pigeon)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Conquer vs. deazle_e4_249714 - Pokémon Showdown - Mini v Silly (mini)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Conquer vs. deazle_e4_249714 - Pokémon Showdown - Mini v Silly (mini)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: wateruwaitingfour vs. Conquer - Pokémon Showdown - Weiss v Mini (mini)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: wateruwaitingfour vs. Conquer - Pokémon Showdown - Weiss v Mini (mini)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: deazle_e4_249714 vs. wateruwaitingfour - Pokémon Showdown - Silly v Weiss (weiss)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: wateruwaitingfour vs. deazle_e4_249714 - Pokémon Showdown - Weiss v Silly (weiss)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: wateruwaitingfour vs. Arzyneko - Pokémon Showdown - Weiss v Ryryyu - (weiss)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Arzyneko vs. wateruwaitingfour - Pokémon Showdown - Ryryyu v Weiss - (weiss)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Conquer vs. Arzyneko - Pokémon Showdown - Mini v Ryrryu - (mini)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Arzyneko vs. Conquer - Pokémon Showdown - Ryrryu v Mini - (mini)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: ClubPigeon vs. Daeryx - Pokémon Showdown - Pigeon v Goose (Pigeon)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: ClubPigeon vs. Daeryx - Pokémon Showdown - Pigeon v Goose (Goose)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: ClubPigeon vs. Daeryx - Pokémon Showdown - Pigeon v Goose (Goose)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: ClubPigeon vs. Arzyneko - Pokémon Showdown - Pigeon v Ryryyu (Ryryyu)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Arzyneko vs. ClubPigeon - Pokémon Showdown - Ryryyu v Pigeon (Pigeon)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Arzyneko vs. ClubPigeon - Pokémon Showdown - Ryryyu v Pigeon (Pigeon)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: wateruwaitingfour vs. Daeryx - Pokémon Showdown - Weiss v Goose (Goose)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: wateruwaitingfour vs. Daeryx - Pokémon Showdown - Weiss v Goose (Weiss)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: wateruwaitingfour vs. Daeryx - Pokémon Showdown - Weiss v Goose (Weiss)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Conquer vs. Daeryx - Pokémon Showdown - Mini v Goose (Goose)
[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Conquer vs. Daeryx - Pokémon Showdown - Mini v Goose (Goose)

Last edited: