Other Powerups

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Plus
Greetings fellow croissanters-

I'm here to suggest something called "powerups". These are items you can drop from crates, and you can equip one at a time. Each powerup provides a different, unique passive bonus to you.

So you're probably thinking this is a total ripoff of moat's powerups- well, not really. Moat's powerups are horrible. They're either extremely overpowered (healthbloom, marathon runner), extremely niche (hardhat, ammo hoarder, flame retardant) or just plain underpowered (froghopper).

So what exactly am I suggesting that will be different than that problem? I'm suggesting powerups that are all niche- nothing that is good in 10/10 scenarios, but can help you out depending on your playstyle.

Here are some example powerups I'm suggesting, and please realize that all these numbers are just placeholders or general ideas, and are subject to change through feedback from you guys:

Sprinter:
Being on the track team at Terrorist High has given you the ability to move a bit faster than your classmates.
As any role:
+5% movement speed

Biologist:
Your skills in biology have given you the ability to manipulate DNA samples left behind by yourself and other terrorists.
As a Detective or Innocent:
DNA samples left behind by other players last 25% longer when you are the one searching for DNA.
As a Traitor:
DNA samples you leave behind on bodies expire 25% faster.
(if both the player scanning for DNA and the killer have this powerup, it cancels out).

Assassin:
Serving in the Terrorist Special Forces unit has taught you to kill silently and leave no trace.
-Players you kill no longer scream.
-Any mention of a player's name (or part of it) in the last words of a player you kill are replaced with "???". (for example, "KOS Dolph1n" becomes "KOS ???")

Quartermaster
You are the Terrorist HQ's Quartermaster, responsible for distributing special equipment to detectives (and traitors, too).
As a Detective or Traitor:
You begin the round with an additional credit.
As an Innocent:
You begin the round with zero credits, and the ability to purchase ONE detective item per round. You can earn a credit by killing a Traitor.
You may not purchase any healing items, or a drone, however you are able to purchase a DNA scanner.

Field Medic
Being the Combat Medic for the Terrorist Special Forces has given you the proper training to heal on the fly.
As any role:
While out of combat, you may press E on another player who is out of combat to heal them for 5 HP. This has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
(a player is out of combat after they have not been damaged by another player for 5 seconds)

Last edited:

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Plus
I like these concepts, assassin kinda seems a bit much maybe no
"-Any mention of a player's name (or part of it) in the last words of a player you kill are replaced with "???". (for example, "KOS Dolph1n" becomes "KOS ???"
Yeah, I kinda agree. I figured I'd post it like that anyways just to get feedback, but it might be better to just make assassin just the "no death scream".

Reactions: Nukes

Nukes

Crescent Plus
I like these concepts, assassin kinda seems a bit much maybe no
"-Any mention of a player's name (or part of it) in the last words of a player you kill are replaced with "???". (for example, "KOS Dolph1n" becomes "KOS ???"
Assasin would be the most used one by everyone lol

Nukes

Crescent Plus
overall good ideas, it will be a breathe of fresh air having some new stuff

Zyp

Veteran Member
No, these would still be broken.

The quarter master, would most likely not be used. I get to buy a radar, a dna scanner, underpowered weapons and very niche and practically useless det items as an inno having an extra credit as detective is going to be detrimental to the rounds as they will most likely fast and feed traitors even more credits, and vice versa.

Sprinter is probably the most balanced and viable for use out of all of these, not to strong not too weak, quite the perfect porridge of these.

Assassin is useless. No screams is cool and all, but people already instantly flock to gun shots, and they will hear weapon drops. Does anyone really use the id last words enough for this to be viable?

Also the dna one, please no, dna is already underpowered and rarely used because it requires taking out something other than a weapon to collect, and even then you have to recheck the body for possible dna and role.

I'm kinda ok with field medic, but I would actually buff it 10 health per 45 seconds, it's a slight buff.

This would make dna just awful.

Reactions: Zax

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Infinity
Sprinter:
Being on the track team at Terrorist High has given you the ability to move a bit faster than your classmates.
As any role:
+5% movement speed

Biologist:
Your skills in biology have given you the ability to manipulate DNA samples left behind by yourself and other terrorists.
As a Detective or Innocent:
DNA samples left behind by other players last 25% longer when you are the one searching for DNA.
As a Traitor:
DNA samples you leave behind on bodies expire 25% faster.
(if both the player scanning for DNA and the killer have this powerup, it cancels out).

Assassin:
Serving in the Terrorist Special Forces unit has taught you to kill silently and leave no trace.
-Players you kill no longer scream.
-Any mention of a player's name (or part of it) in the last words of a player you kill are replaced with "???". (for example, "KOS Dolph1n" becomes "KOS ???")

Quartermaster
You are the Terrorist HQ's Quartermaster, responsible for distributing special equipment to detectives (and traitors, too).
As a Detective or Traitor:
You begin the round with an additional credit.
As an Innocent:
You begin the round with zero credits, and the ability to purchase ONE detective item per round. You can earn a credit by killing a Traitor.
You may not purchase any healing items, or a drone, however you are able to purchase a DNA scanner.

Field Medic
Being the Combat Medic for the Terrorist Special Forces has given you the proper training to heal on the fly.
As any role:
While out of combat, you may press E on another player who is out of combat to heal them for 5 HP. This has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
(a player is out of combat after they have not been damaged by another player for 5 seconds)
Overall, I like this concept.
Sprinter: +1 in its current state.
Biologist: -1 in its current state; instead of having longer DNA availability as inno, increase the scanner regen by like 33-50%. This would make it viable both as inno/det and as traitor. - And not make it useless if both have it.
Assassin: The mention thing seems silly, other than that, +1. Silent death screams do actually make a difference, especially if you're sniping.
Quartermaster: -1 in its current state; no effect for innocents. As traitor, receive free body armour. As detective, receive a tazer (idk).
Field medic: -1; I generally disagree with making healing too available. This could also lead to delay in some rounds.

Zax

Crescent Plus
I wouldn't like this idea exactly, just because it puts a sort of a hint of Moat in the database, I really like how the server does things differently than Moat. I feel powerups are going to be too much of a specimen of "Moat"

Therefore, i'm going to have to -1.

Reactions: Zyp