Other Radar and DNA scanner base refresh rate should be faster

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite
The Radar refreshes every 30 seconds believe and the DNA scanner refreshes every 3 weeks I believe (I think it's based on proximity to the DNA target). These are both old values set from the very beginning from TTT. I don't think these slow refresh rates fit into the flow of the fast paced gameplay that modern TTT has, which is why I think they should be way faster.

I'd suggest that the Radar refresh rate was something like once every 12-15 seconds and the DNA scanner refresh rate was about 1/4 of what it is right now.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Lite
The Radar refreshes every 30 seconds believe and the DNA scanner refreshes every 3 weeks I believe (I think it's based on proximity to the DNA target). These are both old values set from the very beginning from TTT. I don't think these slow refresh rates fit into the flow of the fast paced gameplay that modern TTT has, which is why I think they should be way faster.

I'd suggest that the Radar refresh rate was something like once every 12-15 seconds and the DNA scanner refresh rate was about 1/4 of what it is right now.
I agree with this. It definitely makes the “Tracer“ quest where you must kill a traitor while having their DNA extra difficult. For radar I think it would be cool if it refreshed faster and faster as the round had less people alive. It would make radar a much more valuable pick up for both detectives and traitors.

GioGio

Shining Justice
Crescent Lite
+1 the cooldowns right now are too high.

Satoru

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite

dna by default refreshes faster the closer you are to the target if ur right next to them it goes off it uses less of the energy thus it recharges in 2 seconds vs 20

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Lite
dna by default refreshes faster the closer you are to the target if ur right next to them it goes off it uses less of the energy thus it recharges in 2 seconds vs 20
The main issue is that if you’re on the opposite side of the map by the time you walk over there it’s still not up and the traitor most likely moved. It definitely shouldn’t be instantly refreshing but the current time doesn’t feel great. If perks become a thing this would be a great perk idea.