Denied RDM Punishment

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
I feel like purp RDM should get more than just one autoslay. You're taking away someones round and only get one round taken from you. In my opinion it should be at least 2 or 3

TheSpookenDoot

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Mass RDMing still gets you banned.

You're taking away someones round and only get one round taken from you. In my opinion it should be at least 2 or 3
You're essentially saying eye for an eye is not enough. I want an arm and a leg for an eye.
There are many situations in which you think you can kill someone but it's actually RDM (pretty sure I've accidently RDM'd every regular on the server by now). Mistakes happen, forgive and move on, 10 rounds go by quick and you'll have forgotten it by then. There have been times where I literally had to get up and take a break to stop myself from revenge RDMing.

That being said I think we should have like a server Karma rating that doesn't reset. To act as a shame tracker that will encourage people to play properly. Additionally there should be a votekick system that operates whenever there are no moderators on to manage the report system. The votekick should institute like a 30min ban. Enough that they don't come right back in, but not enough that irresponsible players will have too much power.

Reactions: Mist and Demon

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
There are many situations in which you think you can kill someone but it's actually RDM (pretty sure I've accidently RDM'd every regular on the server by now).
I feel like eye for an eye is enough for accidental RDM, but purp RDM eye for an eye isnt enough. I also feel like cases of stuff like purp RDM should be logged to the person so if people keep repeating offenses they could maybe get further punishment

Reactions: TheSpookenDoot

Mist

Crescent Plus
If you're talking about people targetting you and stuff like that (Because in most cases, purposeful RDM is because of targetting), It is classified under toxic gameplay.
The actions that may fall under toxic gameplay are broad and may vary in severity. Due to this, punishments under this are varied and is dependent on the discretion of the Admin. Punishments for toxic gameplay can vary from a warning for first offenses, to a permanent ban for repeat offenders.

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
If you're talking about people targetting you and stuff like that (Because in most cases, purposeful RDM is because of targetting), It is classified under toxic gameplay.
The actions that may fall under toxic gameplay are broad and may vary in severity. Due to this, punishments under this are varied and is dependent on the discretion of the Admin. Punishments for toxic gameplay can vary from a warning for first offenses, to a permanent ban for repeat offenders.
Even if it is a one time thing, I feel like 1 autoslay is too little for purposeful RDM. It should be at least 2 or 3 in my opinion.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Staff members are allowed to issue more than a single slay if they believe the case warrants it, it's up to their discretion. We don't do this often, but if someone is intentionally RDMing it's not uncommon to issue them a harsher punishment. This is up to the staff member, of course, and should be handled on a per-case basis.
I don't see a need to make any change here, therefore.

Thanks for suggesting.

Reactions: Demon
Status
Not open for further replies.