Denied Re vamping low pop mode

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Now this is just me. But being from the EU its hard to get high pop and gaining 10 shards every 2 minutes or so i feel like is kind of aids now days since i cannot gain loads of shards since the eu crowd kind of left me.

Is there any way we can change it so its a less version of high pop? These are rough numbers not set in stone

Win = 6 (with crs.gg in name 8)
lose = 2 (with crs.gg in name 4)

Just so it makes gaining shards in low pop slightly quicker, one reason why people don't come on during low pop is because they cant gain shards. This is just a way to get people on to gain some shards and its not alot that will bust the economy

Lego

#SillyGay
Crescent Infinity
+1 Flare had a good idea

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Infinity
I really can't support this. We designed low pop specifically not to give shards for wins or kills because of how easy it is for a couple people to get on and abuse this. Even at reduced shards, it would still break the economy if a couple players got on and had the T suicide every round.

However, I do agree that low pop feels pretty mediocre as is, and since low pop farming isn't nearly as common as it used to be, I think you could justify reducing the high pop count to 8, and/or slightly increasing the rate at which you get shards in low pop, or increasing the number of shards.

Reactions: Opalium

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I really can't support this. We designed low pop specifically not to give shards for wins or kills because of how easy it is for a couple people to get on and abuse this. Even at reduced shards, it would still break the economy if a couple players got on and had the T suicide every round.

However, I do agree that low pop feels pretty mediocre as is, and since low pop farming isn't nearly as common as it used to be, I think you could justify reducing the high pop count to 8, and/or slightly increasing the rate at which you get shards in low pop, or increasing the number of shards.

I understand this, but it'll be the exact same thing that happens in high pop > If someone is afk a staff member forcespec's them so they don't farm shards and people who abuse the mechanic when people see it can easily get banned.

Its just something to try and make low pop way less aids, i know it was designed so it cant be abused but now days we hardly hit high pop especially when its eu times even near 1-2am UK time we never hit high pop so we cannot gain any shards you need to cater to some people and it'll encourage some people to actually come and play rather than do their tasks and leave.

Even if it is increase the amount of shards you get in a less amount of time fine, as i said my numbers aren't set in stone i'm happy to go another route if thats a way it'll get accepted. So rather than it being like 10 shards every 2 minutes make it 15-25 shards every minute /minute and a half. Thats what you get in high pop anyways the majority of the time if the person isn't delaying

Last edited:

TheSpookenDoot

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
I like where your head is at, but there are obvious issues with the specifics of your idea as stated by Pigeon.

There is a definite problem with one server getting stacked and the other being empty because people would rather do other things than wait for people to join. It kind of caps the entire Crescent population at ~24 members, which is also the perception of people who would overflow into the second server. Your paying for two servers so you want to use both servers.

You should prioritize two goals to fix this issue:
1) Some kind of trigger in the high population server that will make people want to join the low population server.
2) A method to keep them in the low population server long enough for new players to join either server and make 1 full/1 dead server impossible

Idea brainstorm for goal 1 > A simple message stating the method in goal 2 is in affect (if the goal 2 method is that incentivizing)
; a pop-up with a one time use link for the first X people to switch servers and get some kind of reward (like a free white crate or shards)
; a reward penalty based on server population difference, like the server gets less shards/win if the other server has less people (if you use this idea your an idiot and are going to piss everyone off, I'm just brainstorming it out there)

Idea brainstorm for goal 2 > A reward bonus based on server population difference, like you get more shards/win if the other server has more people
; An additional loot table with a very high (or guaranteed) drop chance full of "cheap" things like crates that only have whites or fun round tickets that expire in an hour if you don't use them
; A "dress-up" mode where for like the next hour on this server you have access to all cosmetics and guns, but lose them after that hour

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Yeah not much of an issue now as the server has players. But good thread to keep for the future

Reactions: Mist
Status
Not open for further replies.