Denied Remove Famas

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Crescent Plus
Hey, I've seen it used sometimes it could really use a buff maybe a select fire choice between burst and full auto?

I think buffing the gun would be a better alternative. Removing the gun would make less sense than making it viable.

Maybe someone can think of a way to buff the gun? I can't think of a way without removing what makes it unique in the first place. If you give it full-auto, it just turns into a mediocre AK47. All I can think that might work is a damage buff, but that's gonna take a lot of tweaking to balance it out and I don't see it being worth the effort. Then again, I don't know how the balancing is done so I might be misjudging the whole thing.

Mist

Crescent Plus
Not really lol, I own a fully modded one and I use it almost every map, it's very good if you know how to use it and if you mod it right.

and coming from a famas user, It really does not need a buff, I can easily kill people with it from almost any range, it does struggle at long because it is a burst which makes it harder to hit from far away/

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
I'm on mist with this one, simply because i'm lead of the balance team.

I've spoke to opal in the past about adding a mod that can make the famas fully auto etc. His response was "that would make it the same as every other gun therefore making it not viable" Just to clear up that point.

The Famas did get a buff, (It's crazy I know who would of guessed it has been nerfed and buffed like the other guns!) it had the delay between each single shot in it's burst reduced and it's recoil got reduced recently.

The gun it's self I always hear people say it's shit, or whatever. The base gun it's self, yes, isn't that great neither are guns like the aug, tec-9, the m4a1. But when you put some tier 2's on it then eventually some tier 3's it makes the gun stupid good. Just like it does all guns the mods make the guns good.

What me and Opal need to go over once their new big update has been released whenever that is, is strip back the mods and change how they work and tweak their numbers. A lot of the base guns aren't amazing, but when fully modded makes the guns very very good. The famas isn't in the meta simply because people don't like burst weapons in source the hit reg isn't great, we can't do anything about this unfortunately.

I also fear if we re buff the famas like it once was it'll become one of the best guns again and will destroy anyone any range without much fail which is how it was back before march when it got it's big nerf if we gave it a damage buff and a bigger rof buff again. Remember MODS are a thing, we have rapid fire 3 which makes it 20% fire rate. Believe me when I say the famas is a gun that requires some skill to use, marksman + rapid fire, hit a headshot that person is on the floor quicker than mist is on gmod because of this crappy Qatar aim.

However don't get me wrong i'm happy to hear ways that people would buff the famas further, personally I don't think it needs a fire rate buff, with rapid fire it shoots really quick, potentially a small damage buff but this wont do much to the gun.

Red

Crescent Plus
I'm on mist with this one, simply because i'm lead of the balance team.

I've spoke to opal in the past about adding a mod that can make the famas fully auto etc. His response was "that would make it the same as every other gun therefore making it not viable" Just to clear up that point.

The Famas did get a buff, (It's crazy I know who would of guessed it has been nerfed and buffed like the other guns!) it had the delay between each single shot in it's burst reduced and it's recoil got reduced recently.

The gun it's self I always hear people say it's shit, or whatever. The base gun it's self, yes, isn't that great neither are guns like the aug, tec-9, the m4a1. But when you put some tier 2's on it then eventually some tier 3's it makes the gun stupid good. Just like it does all guns the mods make the guns good.

What me and Opal need to go over once their new big update has been released whenever that is, is strip back the mods and change how they work and tweak their numbers. A lot of the base guns aren't amazing, but when fully modded makes the guns very very good. The famas isn't in the meta simply because people don't like burst weapons in source the hit reg isn't great, we can't do anything about this unfortunately.

I also fear if we re buff the famas like it once was it'll become one of the best guns again and will destroy anyone any range without much fail which is how it was back before march when it got it's big nerf if we gave it a damage buff and a bigger rof buff again. Remember MODS are a thing, we have rapid fire 3 which makes it 20% fire rate. Believe me when I say the famas is a gun that requires some skill to use, marksman + rapid fire, hit a headshot that person is on the floor quicker than mist is on gmod because of this crappy Qatar aim.

However don't get me wrong i'm happy to hear ways that people would buff the famas further, personally I don't think it needs a fire rate buff, with rapid fire it shoots really quick, potentially a small damage buff but this wont do much to the gun.
Hmm... you bring up very good points, but also pointed out the root problem: the base gun is shit. The main reason I made this thread was because I was sick of being stuck with the Famas during gun game; even the HUGE as a base gun plays better than the Famas. The base gun is so bad that I doubt anyone will use it aside from those with a dedicated plan to level it up and mod it in the future.

But then again, you did bring up good arguments about it being OP in the past. Perhaps I'm just biased since I've never dedicated myself to using it and just had bad experiences when I am forced to do so.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Hmm... you bring up very good points, but also pointed out the root problem: the base gun is shit. The main reason I made this thread was because I was sick of being stuck with the Famas during gun game; even the HUGE as a base gun plays better than the Famas. The base gun is so bad that I doubt anyone will use it aside from those with a dedicated plan to level it up and mod it in the future.

But then again, you did bring up good arguments about it being OP in the past. Perhaps I'm just biased since I've never dedicated myself to using it and just had bad experiences when I am forced to do so.
I mean I understand your point, but I hate to be that guy who says this stupid BS but it's true. The Famas just requires good aim (unfortunately not many on the server have that, this isn't a shot at you) I've never ever been stuck on the Famas in gun game, I always manage to kill people in a burst or 2 but I'm used to the gun and I'm used to the recoil where to aim etc.

The Famas is that gun where it's shit to use if you don't know how to use it. It's base gun isn't great because it's fair slow, but my god it packs a punch and I never do struggle to get a kill with the thing as I said I'm used to the gun.

I agree it is tough but when you get used to the thing it is fine, just my views I understand there can be different ones though!

Status
Not open for further replies.