Accepted Remove tasks you have little to no control over

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Infinity
Tasks that require other people to do things for you to complete just feel bad to have.

This may be a bit heavy handed, but here are my proposals for them

Tracer: Kill X with dna - You need to get lucky enough to get a scanner, and then you need to find a body with dna and hope the traitor isn't already dead, and then you need to actually get the kill. So many little things that need to line up that make this task super frustrating. I think this should be removed.

Medic: Heal other players X health - Even when you get detective, all you can do is place a health station and pray people heal. My proposal, include healing from the rejuvenator, and cut all the numbers to 1/4 of what they are now. Maybe 1/2.

The Good: Kill X traitors as an inno - Nothing wrong with the task itself, just the numbers. Its much harder to kill a traitor as an inno than an inno as a traitor, so there's no reason why the numbers for The Good and The Bad should be the same. Change it to this: Daily: 1-2, Weekly: 15-25, Monthly: (idk what it is now, but cut it by half or something)

Last one standing: Win X rounds as the last player alive - why is this a thing? If your team plays well, you won't be the last alive. If your team doesn't play well, you lose. Just get rid of it. Surviving and winning rounds is already a task, no need for this.

I'm probably forgetting some, so if you think of any just comment the task and why and how it should be changed.

Also I know this sounds like a bunch of complaining, because it is. Everyone is complaining about these.

Rooflolly

+1 to all of these,
Tracer is stupid, RNG based, you need to get lucky to get Det, find a dead body with DNA, and pray the traitor wasnt killed already.
The Good I personally haven't had a problem with, but I am aware it can be hard for some.
Medic is not good at all, that one is not easy to complete and can take very long times to complete.
Last one Standing I haven't had much trouble with but it's also quite hard because like Pigeon said, if you play well, you wont be the last, if you play poorly, you'll be dead.

Bob

Removing the detective task is probably for the better right now even though I'm opposed to getting a task that get's people to play as a detective removed, the DNA scanner is just way too slow-paced and clunky for the current TTT state and needs a rework to be more fun when that's done this type of task could probably be readded.

Last one standing is just straight up bad, there isn't really any redeeming quality or reason for it to exist.

Pretty much agree with everything here, opal already confirmed that you'll be able to use rejuvinator for healing task in the future.

mae

Crescent Plus
+1 to all except The Good, your proposal would make it too easy. I haven't had trouble with it as it is

Zyp

Veteran Member
+1 for all, except the good, make it include t kills as det.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I wouldn't see remove them just change them or rebalance them.

The healing one can be very simple if you let players use the medic gun.
The DNA one is trash yes, just reduce it to 1 DNA kill rather than a few.

I'd also recommend getting rid of crowbar kills, completely useless in my eyes and just encourages some people to metagame

tups

Crescent Infinity
DNA is horrible, half the time people just ask the T if they can kill them instead of playing the normal round.
The Healing one should totally include the health gun, not sure why it wouldn't if you're basically doing the same thing. Plus assholes like to destroy the health station for no reason other than hahafunny times
The Good should include the Detective for more chances per round (getting D 3 times in a row isnt fun)
The last one standing is just hopping to the empty server and doing it in like, 5 minutes, pls delet

+1 tho :LOL-:

Reactions: Zyp
Status
Not open for further replies.